NZXT Tempest E-ATX Computer Case Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

NZXT was established in 2004 in Los Angeles, California with the goal of providing every gamer with a case they can identify with. By combining unique design with improved case performance, they hope to provide their users with quality cases that represent their individual styles and personalities.

Today, Mac Daddy will be taking a look at a case from their Crafted series - the NZXT Tempest.

This case claims to be the "airflow king" with 6 fans including dual 120 mm intake fans, dual 140 mm exhaust fans as well as additional side and rear 120 mm fans. Let's find out just how true that claim is!

[​IMG]

Link : NZXT Tempest E-ATX Computer Case Review

2. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

thats my bro

but bro little more photoshop on airflow.jpg

3. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Good job man. The tempest is one heck of a case, imagine a full tower version of it with 140mm fans, slightly improved build quality and loads of space (plus the extra feature I'll outline below). Bottom ventilation holes is not a problem for those with 80mm cooled PSUs (like the PCP&C Silencer series) drawing air straight in from the bottom front intake. The best way to deal with this issue is have a dust filtered ventialtion hole that can be closed with a latched cover if desired.

By the way mate, using screws to fasten expansion cards is much preferred to those tool-less plastic clamps as the latter doesn't work too well with dual slot cards and it never feels as secure as using screws. Now I think you actually meant that they should have used thumb screws (maybe adding that would clarify it better).

Overall very nice review, thoroughly enjoyed it. BTW gen's comment is valid.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  4. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

Much better that NZXT's older cases which looked like the result of Megatron having an Illegitimate child with an ugly Icute PC case. Isn't as half as gaudy, the styling is smooth and simple with plenty of what most modders on a budget want. Loads of airflow. Very interesting move from NZXT.

Now all you need to review is the King or Queen of sleek awesome casings, Lian Li....ehheheheheheheh. Which reminds me that my V2100P is sitting home back in KL collecting dust, which is saaaaaaaad :(. Tense time for cases though, with the high enders like Soldam, Lian Li and Silverstone trying to penetrate the "modder" market.

You might want to ask Adrian for my Fluke non contact IR thermal sensor, which makes case temp reviews a breeze if you're going to do more case reviews. Just point and shoot. As for me, i just fooled around with 20k worth of thermal imaging equipment just now, hell they're quite liberal with expensive shit around here, wasn't even allowed to touch stuff back in Malaysia, might just appropriate some lab time for review use lol.

All in all, good review :)

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

meh..nice casing..but i kinda prefer full aluminium casings ><...too bad this casing is not even available here and i kinda like the Rouge casing from them :(..

6. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

yeah same here it is just imposible to find it here

7. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Impossible to find here as well. The only full tower I know of that has the same airflow design (minus side panel) is the Coolermaster Cosmos-S.

8. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

wow, nice review :)

too bad I can't have a pc yet :o

9. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Thanks guys for the comments and a big thanks to Adrian for the pre-edit on this. I am just on quick at work my home inet and phone has been down for 2 days hope its back up tonight.

Unix I prefer screws as well for PCI cards my Acellero modded X1950 never seated properly in my Dell case with those stupid plastic levers.

Empire I am seriously looking into recoeding temps for reviews and have many more planned !!

Adrian gonna pm you and post here I can't access my ARP mail from work can you please email Matt Shumate for me with a link to the article he will forward to the NZXT guys .. Thanks