'123456' is most popular password

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Some systems insist that you must change your password after a certain period of time. Some are even worse - insisting that you can never repeat your old passwords! They force you to create new passwords all the time. :wall:

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

For my office email password and office system passwords, everytime I change password, I'll save it in OneNote and password protect my passwords... :mrgreen:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Haha, exactly what I've said la.

Yeah, using another password protected software to save the password is a good idea. Thankfully, we have a password database in office to store our server admin password and our profile password. Imagine remembering all that... :nuts:

4. Adrian Wong

Not quite. I was referring to the fact that they will not allow you to use a password you have used in the past.

For example, I started with the password XXXX, and after being forced to change, I switched to YYYY. When I was forced to switch again, I found that I cannot even reuse XXXX! In fact, XXXX and YYYY are now forever "banned" :wall: :wall:

Hehe, they have to do that. Imagine if you are the only admin, and forget to tell them the passwords after quitting... :shifty: :shifty: :haha:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Actually, my system is worst.

"some of the systems do not allow similar password"

Which means that, not only the previous password is banned, you are not allowed to use XXXX, or XXXX1, or XXXY, because it is similar to the previous password!

Not true about that, because I'm the only one able to access the password. We have something called "no shared id allowed". Which means no one will know or able to know your password, even if you are the secondary support. So if one day, the primary support is sacked within 24 hours, the only way to get access to the system is to hack it. Yes, it is recorded in the operation manual. :lol:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

there was a case in my office..

from 111111 to 222222 to 333333.

best of all, we can't do shit, because she is our boss.

I already know what password she will use in march-may 2010 :wall:

7. Adrian Wong

Wow.. That is crazy. You will to keep inventing really unique passwords. :haha: :haha:

Why don't they just use biometric sensors to verify identity? :haha:

8. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! What happens after 00000? :haha: :haha:

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

111111+1

10. Adrian Wong

:thumb: :thumb: :haha:

At least she's systematic! :haha: