2.1 Speakers

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by belikethat, Apr 25, 2010.

1. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

anyone know the price of razer mako in KL~? :confused:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I don't think they have the Razer Mako in Low Yat Plaza... at least not in CompuZone.

3. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

i read this fm here saying its RM999 & is cheaper than S730~! :shock:

4. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. It's possible although I cannot check for sure unless I drop by there.

5. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

Sg price for S730 is S$449 (RM1077) while razor mako is S$499 (RM1197)~ according to that forum post, KL is selling slightly mre expensive S730 at RM1090 while razor at RM999 only~ :pray:

6. Adrian Wong

You are thinking of coming all the way here to buy it?? You would only save about RM 100. Not enough to cover the bus fare both ways... :think:

7. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

mayb will ask my bro to buy since he freq travel to msia~ :silenced:

8. Adrian Wong

Oh, that's possible. Then it's worth it. :D

9. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm just wondering. If you guys spend so much on speaker system, why not get a pair proper bookshelf speakers and an amp? It will have much better range response, rather than superbly good highs, not much mid range, and crappy subwoofer that doesn't go below 50Hz with most computer speaker systems.

11. dwec

dwec Newbie

Hi guys, just wondering which speaker is better, currently looking at the edifier C3 and S330D.

12. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I would say go for S330D, the sound is just super crisp clear, and oh, S330D has digital input.

13. dwec

dwec Newbie

karhoe, Thanks for the inputs. Any big difference if using 3.5mm or digital input? sry if it is noob question, newbie in audiophile.

14. Chai

Using 3.5mm means that the audio is trasmitted in analog, so the DAC is being done in the PC (audio device), while for digital connections, the speakers will be doing the DAC.

It depends which has better DAC circuitry, the audio device may have better quality output too.

15. dwec

dwec Newbie

Chai, Thanks for the information ya.

16. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Hmm, well those pure audiophiles will argue that the 3.5mm audio cable could not transmit the signal nice enough to please their ears. Instead only pulses of lights would do the job LOL

17. Chai

That is untrue. It depends how good is the DAC. If you have a sound card like ASUS Essense ST, the DAC will most likely be far superior to the speakers' DAC. It is almost as good as most decent headphone amps.

You will still have to convert the audio signal to analog, if not you will not hear anything. So it only depends where do you convert the signal, on the PC sound card, or the amplifier (speakers). The quality of the DAC circuitry is one of the key to clean sound quality.