300MHz!!!

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by PsYkHoTiK, Apr 23, 2006.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea it is. I was hoping for some difference. I guess I'm pretty happy with that... :beer: It's hard to squeeze frames with everything turned up on Max on that game. It's a MONSTER... :faint::faint: :faint:

1 person likes this.
  2. eg660

eg660 Newbie

Wow nice OC!!!! I cant even go higher than 2500..hehehe

3. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Newbie

Congratulations on pressing forward to reach 300MHz FSB. I hope it was worth it for you.

Off topic: I have read many forums which don't care much for using SP32M for testing stability of the overall system, since it works the CPU primarily. What are your feelings about the stability tests that are out there?

4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I thought SPi mainly tests the RAM. As far as the CPU is concerned, there are a lot more strenuous tests.

5. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Newbie

It also taxes the RAM, and very severely, but not to the extent of the CPU.

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Sorry late late late reply.

LOL! I use a combination of stress tests to determine stability.

It's usually at least 12hours minimum of Prime blend test paired with a few hours of gaming. SuperPi is VERY sensitive to ram. If its not stable, it will not run SuperPi. I've had pleasent experiences with Memtest windows too. It does a very good job of loading up my system and it is faster than prime when it comes to finding any ram faults (from my experience.)