37 inch lcd tv

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PowerSlide, Feb 11, 2008.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

recommend me plz

asking behalf of my sis :thumb:

2. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

:thumb: Sony Bravia :thumb:

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

sony fans :haha:

how about sharp? around 3.7K can get sharp 37inch?

4. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

For LCD TV, Sony Bravia seems to have the edge, just go to the TV shop and compare the TV side by side, that is why it is more expensive

5. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I also recommend the Bravia and don't forget its always to use your eyes as your judge so just head down to your local electronics store and take a look at some display models.

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Sharp Aquos > all

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup agreed! Sony Bravia wins the marketing war.

8. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

sharp aquos so good? why?

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

They have the best blacks on a non-CRT set. No banding what so ever. Best LCD ever. :)

Sony's are overly bright. Look at them side by side in the shop if you can (and tune down the Sony marketing + perception and you will see how much better it is like the light of day).

We were going to get a Sony Bravia but then I pointed out the blacks were way better and it just looked a heck of a lot better. Since then we have never looked back (we have a 52" and a 32" - both 1080p panels).

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

thanks for the input psy

will ask my sis to check out sharp if she can find a shop that carry sharp, alot of the shops my place here only sells sony and pana :doh:

11. Chai

Then again, low end panels are not necessarily the same. :D

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup. you gotta get the high end models. otherwise, it's all almost the same. crap that is. the highest end Samsung and Sony Bravia uses the same panel if I'm not mistaken. tech specs are 100% similar. quality wise the same too. the only difference is the price and the housing. the Samsung's is glossy and reflective, vs Sony's which is matte.

Do check out the high end sharp aquos... those are a beauty to watch...

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

you can try checking out Harvey Norman at Queensbay mall. Can bargain with them one. My colleague did when he bought his Bravia at Harvey Normal here at KL.

14. 64bit

64bit Newbie

I have heard lots of good comments on Sharp, quality and price wise. Besides that, Sharp is one of the cheapest manufacturer that comes out with 100Hz refresh rate for its 32" LCD, there should be one with the 37" too.

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah the Aquos are really competitive in terms of price (for that segment that is).

16. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

low end? high end? I guess everyone's definition of high and low are different. What is the price range of the sharp aquos which is consider high end? :think:

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Aquos is the higher end models. And of that the 1080p panels are the best (contrast etc).

Non-Aquos Sharp models are the 'normal' Sharp LCDs.

18. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

i went LCD hunting and i found Sharp Aquos to be damn nice.

Sony, Philips and Samsung are in consideration. :D

btw why buy at Harvey Norman? AFAIK it's more pricey than the typical electronics shop by the road.

19. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

latest news is my sis bought a pana 32inch..5 inch lost :haha:

no idea what model yet, she bought it for RM2499

will go her house check it out tonight

any tips on tuning to get nice picture quality watching asrethrow? :haha:

20. Chai

Buy low end CRT TV with interlace!