5.1 surround sound

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by u suck.com, Sep 24, 2005.

1. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

ok, my friend has a set of logitech 5.1 speakers but the front centre speaker has no sound when he plays mp3 songs.

*it works on games tho...does that mean there's a software problem or the front centre speakers just doesn't play mp3 sounds?

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Check his sound card settings. If it's a creative soundcard, check the EAX control panel and look under CMSS3D.

I only play 2.1 on my Z-680s with Foobar2000 and an ASIO output (sounds superb!.)

Music should only be played in 2.1 only. 5.1 sounds off coz of the timings between the rear and front speakers.

3. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Basically.... The MP3 (or any other recording) has to be coded or recorded in 5.1 channels. You may want to get a "tuning" program to optimize the setup. :thumb:

4. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

mp3 only have stereo/ 2 channel.. that is why front centre speaker dont have sound.. but if u use creative sound u can play stereo sound in multispeaker by activating the cmss 3d thing.. :mrgreen:

5. streem

streem Newbie

Yeah thts right... MP3 only has 2 channel.. but if u want all five speakers to output sound.. simply ON the matrix function if u have one.. But Im not very sure whether u have the function or not..