6800gt or x800pro.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by orangutan, Dec 15, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

This would be done on my current test bed. I dont have an Intel system... :p

2. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

come on guys.. you buy high graphic card for what reason? playing games right.. want to encode and decode? buy a tv tuner with hardware encoder/decode.. better and cheaper.. just like buying combo drive.. buy separate better right?

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

In a way true. Encoding certainly isn't a concern for me. But some consumers care. Why I dont really know, coz the purpose is to be a gaming chip. Oh well... :mrgreen: Everyone has their nitpicls, but it doesn't change the fact that the 6800GT is still a great card.. :thumb:

4. encoding is better done off the cpu, with cpu, it's about 50% usage. i think the happauge 250 is nice

6800 gt

5. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

it's true that we buy the gpu for games, but the thing that angers people is that nv claim to have it working yet it's not and it keeps saying that it just need to get the drivers done, I think that's why people are angry. Some are buying the card expect to have the feature working but it's not and yet NV don't come out and say it rather than just giving excuses.

6. jinaun

jinaun Newbie

yes i agree with you, people who bought it expects a fullly functional card.. not a card with clipped wings.. :dance:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

That is true to a certain extent. Lets just see what they can do... :whistle:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This isn't the first time Nvidia has done like this...

9. Brian

Brian Newbie

it was a design flaw that caused it not to work......lets see whether the next revisions of the nv40 will fix that flaw.....nv43 already has that flaw fixed

10. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

yeah the 6600 has it fixed, which I won't be surprised to see it got fixed on the next rev of high end , which probably won't be call 6800. I think NV woin't do too much with current 6800 or the customers who bought it. I remember it claim that the 6800 is the first rev of the vid encoding so it only work partially and the 6600 is the updated one so it has more function.

11. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

So i think i still have to come back to M'sia to get my bfg6800gt. Can someone give me the name and contact no of the retailers in KL , much appreciate !

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I dont know if you can get BFG in malaysia. But you should try C-Zone at Lowyat Plaza... :thumb:

13. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

I rang c-zone, they don't keep BFG but they do have Asus v999gt retail at RM1950. Is it a good alternative ? Should have bought the Inno3d 6800gt back in Hong Kong ! It seem it is getting more and more expensive back in Malaysia !

14. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

Where did u guy got yr BFG then ? may be Adrian can organise a bulk purchase !

15. maybe he can....that would be nice, lots of saving

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I live in the states... Got it off outpost.com... :thumb:

17. i dont see the 6800gt...

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It was sold out a while after I ordered it. Of course people would jump at the chance of getting one... Besides, the 6800GT and Ultras are in high demand... :mrgreen: They do have em from time to time but it gets sold out quick..

19. heh, maybe not the ultras. some people are a bit crazy about getting the newest and best though..

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, for some, they want the performance. Like me, I certainly enjoy the performance of my hardware. :mrgreen: