9800 voltage mod

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Majormaggot, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

ok in the guide it says not to do this on the new pcb that has the 360 core and uses the 9800 xt pcb, but my card is a 360 core and used the old pcb http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?p=255026#post255026
    it looks like the same card used in the 9800pro volt mod guide. so which one do i use?? the 9800pro guide or 9800xt guide??

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

If it's using the same PCB and the same voltage regulators, then it is okay to use the 9800Pro (old PCB) guide, doesn't matter whether it's R350 or R360 :mrgreen:

3. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

ok, i got up to 470 mhz, then i went too far with the voltage, cause now when ever i load up a game all the textures shick and jive like mad. viewing desktop it runs normal but as soon as i go 3D, :wall: :wall: :wall: . X850 here i come!!!

p.s. anyone know how to fix a 9800 :pray: :rolleyes:

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

shit :shock: try revert everything back to stock?

5. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

yeppers, i guess i learn from my mistakes.... i always wanted a new video card :)

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

7800GTX 512? :wicked: :lol:

7. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

i wish, i would need to upgrade everything then..... i ain't that rich..... .yet....

8. zachig

zachig Newbie

Maybe I'll buy one! I'm just going for 5 minutes to rob my local bank :haha: :haha: :haha: