A ringtone that older people can't hear

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PsYkHoTiK, Jun 13, 2006.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I saw this link while browsing around and I thought it would be interesting.

It says that the sound is one that is produced at the higher end of the threshold of human hearing. The idea is that older middle aged people's hearing has deteriorated making them deaf to the sound. But it's audible for younger people.

To be honest, the mosquito sound drives me nuts. My ear drums are hurting... Damn what a noise.... My brothers hear it too eventhough one is tone deaf. I consider myself quite sensitive to sound (lol I tweak my sound system as well as our home theater.)

I think it should playback relatively well on my sound setup. My parents can't hear the noise at all eventhough it's earsplitting for my two brothers and me (I kid you not on the earsplitting...)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

A mosquito buzz ringtone??? Man, that would be one DARN irritating ringtone!!! :haha: :haha:

3. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

They have used this before, as a way to drive off pesky kids, in front of businesses. If I remember correctly the mosquito sound was the sound used .

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea, thats what the article said. But kids are using it as a ringtone. Pretty stupid I think. I mean the other people who can hear would have no reservations on voicing out their irritance... :p

It's not a mosquito sound btw. Just a high pitched sound. You can download the mp3 of it from the above link.

Or you can try this link and see of it works.

5. I get a great kick out of having my revenge on mosquitoes by catching them, keeping them trapped in between my two hands and buzzing into their ears!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hmm... I used to pluck off their legs one by one... to spiders too. :lol:

7. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

8. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

...err, must have been that ninetieth rock concert I went to years ago, but I don't hear a thing.

:dance: I can hear upto 11KHz, I figured I do worse.

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumb:

10. Hot babe in your avatar!! :drool: :thumb: