A suggestion

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BoBaTrOn, Jan 16, 2006.

1. BoBaTrOn

BoBaTrOn Newbie

I've been with ARP for a long time ( though I never have time to post :( ).

Anyway , on the main page when you are using firefox and you click on the ARP forums a new window opens.

This might be crazy coming from one guy :nuts: but :mrgreen: it be awesome if it opened in the same window.

If not is there anyway to personaly set it so it can do it?

You fellas have a nice day :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

seconded. :thumb:

3. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Off-topic but... Holy cow, your system! :drool: :drool: :drool:

All together guys... LICH!!! :wicked: :twisted: :haha: :beer:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

*smacks Garphreak*

5. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

*Me does a Gaijin Smash on GarPhreak, a Kancho!!!1 on Psy & a Credit Card style Kancho!!!1 onto aKho*

Now, back to the topic;

TBH, I actually prefer the forums to open seperately. It'll be much easier for some users if they want to refer back to an article they just read without the need to open the ARP mainpage in a new window.

6. aKho

i rather everything opens in one page.. multiple windows will get cluttered.. if i need a separate window, i can always right-click, open in new window.. :think:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Most sites do the same too...

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I prefer everything not related to open in a new page. :) Easier this way... and everything related to the page will open in the same page. I thought that's the right way of doing things, no? :think:

And most of the time if I don't want it to open in new window, I'll right-click and open in a new tab in the same window. :thumb:

aKho, too many window? If you are using Firefox, can right-click and open in new tab what. :D

9. BoBaTrOn

BoBaTrOn Newbie

I actually hate it quite a lot because I am a 24/7 tab user.

I can't live without tabs and when a new window opens it really bothers me.

Well I see some people dont :nuts: :haha: so you fellas keep up the work :thumb:

Btw - I like the re-do on the website, very good stuff

10. BoBaTrOn

BoBaTrOn Newbie

Not really, im still with a 7800GT but im awating my X1800XT.

I do need a new CPU though, although it does run at 2.45Ghz very good :mrgreen:

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

you need Tab Mix. a MUST HAVE pluggin! :thumb:

it gives u multiple tab bars as well as options on how you want to open ur windows.

12. aKho

why follow the crowd? :think:

too bad i hate tabs.. 'cos have this fear of accidently closing all windows. anyway, just hoping the main page, when click on forums (e.g.) will open it in the same window, that's all.. :whistle:

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Oh...you mean it doesn't open in a new tab? Hmm...I'm using Maxthon, so I don't know.

aKho: No we are not just following the trend, I prefer that myself. I occasionally browse both the main site and the forum together, and if it doesn't open in a new tab, I would be really annoyed. (overclockers.com)

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

aKho: Like that you should go download SessionSaver .2 extension. Save your last session, even when you open 2 windows with multiple tabs. The next time you open again, 2 windows with all the tabs will be opened as they were. :thumb:

15. aKho

i try to avoid installing stuff that'll take up more space if i can live without it.. later not enough for pink folder.. :oops:

16. vien

vien Newbie

did you guys did a survey on this? :think:

17. BoBaTrOn

BoBaTrOn Newbie

Actually if you have more than one tab and you close firefox will popup a message warning you, go firefox :dance:

1 person likes this.
  18. aKho

sometimes i unintentionally double-click that popup as well.. :oops:

down with tabs! :twisted:

19. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

You'd probably be the only person i heard that dont like tabs. :nuts:

Haha. Anyways, what you guys need in FireFox is the plugin Zuephok mentioned, it will force open new windows into new tabs.( just like how Maxthon does it.) :thumb:

20. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

been finding for that kind of plug in for such a long time :p