A very frightened Malaysian aboard

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 23, 2005.

1. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

if they want to listen to us..they will be great. Take example of proton...WTF politic going to do with a car manufacture? If they want to listen to wat we say, wat we want, they will be great! the problem is they don't! they like to do it their way! my arse! :wall: :wall:

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

there is no perfect government exist.
    to govern a country is a very very complicated tasks. we are talking about an organization that consists of hundred thousands of complex individual human brains..some have evil thoughts..while there are also a certain groups who are kind-hearted
    while I have to admit that there are lotz of things our government can improve, lets not forget the peace we had enjoyed in the past..

Doraemon: IMO we aren't always right :) there are many unseen (by us) things and issues that our government needs to take into consideration when making decisions. we always comment on certain issues based on our own personal perspective, which doesn't represent the entire citizen of our country. however, every decision our government make.. is for the entire country.

I would just make the best use of everything I have in my beloved country (but not the shitty proton though! :lol: )

3. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

haha

agree, to improve our country, we have the responsible oso and this shud begin from young. During school age, we shud teach in the right way and proper way. But the study system is getting worst nowadays, kind of sad case. I'm not blaming the school for not teach them right, but the parents hold the big responsibilities about early teaching. Nowaday, we can say that parent push all the responsibilities to the school, and they think the children will learn wat they want from there...NO! :wall: Children nowaday is getting worst, they dunno how to repsect the older! :wall:

sigh...this kind of case not only happen in our country, but in all over the world...why this happen? :(

actually i miss the life of 80s... :cry:

4. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Aaaaaaa......you sure show a lot maturity for a guy at your age :thumb: :beer:

I could see it in you long time ago man :thumb:

5. yhng

yhng Newbie

What you expect from politicians? Politics...bah such a dirty work! :evil:

Poli (Poly) Definition: Latin word for many
    tics Definition: Blood sucking creatures

6. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

The goverment is full of corruption :roll:

7. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

"Now I am 31 years old and draw a comfortable monthly salary of US$22,000." :shock: :shock: :shock: :!:

:roll:

That guy can afford to live here,,, And there! :boohoo:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I want clean school toilets. That's the smallest thing, but most people don't seem to look at it properly. What's with having the biggest, longest, shortest, everything-est, but they don't seem to look at the small matters that cares, like the toilets. I hope I don't run out of the topic, but it's the truth.... :D

9. bslee

bslee Newbie

In any multiracial country, one has to realize that one is subject to all laws of the land, racial or cultural dominance.
    One has to make do best and compromise with the current or global situation. Its common that everyone wants everything and the authorities can't please everyone. No one is ever satisfied.
    Did i hear someone say if one is born at the right time and place, his life could be with fulfilment..if not?..just too bad!
    Its no point to spark a revolution alone!

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Actually, no one is talking about a revolution per se. But sometimes we just have to speak up... before it's too late.

Look at what happened in Nazi Germany. Many Germans were not Nazis nor anti-Semitic. But many chose not to speak up. Result? The Holocaust.

If enough Germans spoke up against such nonsense, it's possible that Hitler might never have achieved supremacy over Germany. Or at least he wouldn't dare to focus so much on eliminating Jews.

I'm not saying that the situation here in Malaysia or elsewhere will ever be as bad as that... but let's not forget the lessons learned in the past.

If there is injustice, we must speak up... No one should just stand by and hope it will just pass.

11. bslee

bslee Newbie

Could we then admire people like MGG Pillai, Harakah, DAP, Jeff Ooi and possibly other individuals bringing up political or seemingly sensitive issues?

12. Adrian Wong

IMHO, it would be better to talk things out, instead of letting them simmer beneath.

Because if we try to keep sensitive issues buried, they tend to "explode" with great consequences sooner or later.

If people bring up sensitive issues and discuss them, maybe we can defuse the situation by allowing the facts to be discussed and VERIFIED. Nothing's worse than unverified rumours circulating by word of mouth.

13. bslee

bslee Newbie

The Americans aren't exactly angels either.
    They practiced slavery for 150 years and another variation of anti-Semitic laws against its own citizens, the Afro-Americans, Japanese Americans and possibly other minorities. They rounded up all AmericanJaps into detention camps during WWII. Same evil, differently viewed.

If the Japanese were "white like Americans", do you think they'd dropped the Atom bomb? They could have flattened Berlin easily!

Hitler wanted absolute dictatorial power. The Nazi's were Jew haters..primary reason for going to war to achieve supremacy and Aryan race.

14. bslee

bslee Newbie

Here in bolehland, I reckon those individuals have the internet to thank for as their only good avenue to voice out their agenda. Don't think there's a better way at the moment.

When an issue explodes, its sad to see that they use crisis management to address the situation rather than being very alert, good foresight and readiness for future challenges.
    Like someone did mention in another forum.
    Quote:
    When Malays bring up an issue...its national issue!
    When Chinese bring up an issue...its racial issue!
    When Indians bring up an issue....it NO issue!
    Unquote:

15. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. This is going off-topic. But I was just wondering.. why are we veering off to "Americans aren't exactly angels either"? :mrgreen:

I agree with that.. I just don't understand what led to that statement. :mrgreen:

In any case, history has shown that if men were brave enough to speak up in the beginning, things might have been a lot different.

16. Adrian Wong

Haha.. I agree. :mrgreen:

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

ROTFL!. That wasnt the reason why the bomb was dropped. There was an increase in frictions between the US and the USSR (which led to the iron curtain and the eastern bloc.) Some historians say that the bomb was dropped as a show of military might so that Stalin would be more "cooperative" in the potsdam conference... Why didn't they flatten Berlin? Coz it wasn't fully developed yet. If you view the chronological sequance, the first bomb testing (in nevada) was done during the Potsdam conference which was after the surrender of Germany but before japan surrendered...

You sir got carried away and stated wrongly. Don't be too quick to assume things... :mrgreen: If you read up on American History, the tensions on civil rights was a result of not speaking out too... :mrgreen: They gained freedom in the late 1800s but were oppressed by Jim Crow laws. No one really said much about it though.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  18. lklatmy

lklatmy Newbie

I love Malaysia.Does Malaysia love me ?

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You don't want to know the truth. :lol:

20. bslee

bslee Newbie

Hehehe..I'm all ears!.. lots of time too!..c'mon..shoot!.. :wave: