Abit or DFI???

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by dalivision, Dec 3, 2004.

1. dalivision

dalivision Newbie

I am looking at a new mobo and am looking for "help" making up my mind. I am looking at an Abit AI7 w/I865PE vs DFI LP Pro w/I875P. Yeah, the DFI is like $65 more but I am not concerned. Which one is the best for a noob getting into OC'ing? I have heard the Abit on-the-fly OC settings is a nice option...no going to the bios to make the changes.

Any insight/help/opinons are very welcome. Thanks a bunch! :beer:

2. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

First of all, you should keep in mind that the DFI-board comes with the faster chipset (i865PE vs. i875P), self-explaining the US$65 gap. ;)
    I dunno this i875P-board in it's details, but usually DFI is well known for it's great oc-capabilities.

As for me, I personally wouldn't buy the Abit nor the DFI, but that's just a matter of personal taste and some kind of self-willedness. :D ;)

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

ASUS P4C800 is probably the best P4 motherboard you can buy. :D

4. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

DFI are :thumb: for overclocking in my experience ;) If you want to know some basic steps for overclocking, take a look at this thread :

http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?t=11788&page=2&pp=20

However, Chai is right when talking about the P4C800. It IS a good board too, AFAIK. IN the end, it's mostly abotu personal preference and what you wanan do with the board (Overclock, leave it stock, etc)

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

screw abit.
    go DFI :mrgreen:

make sure u get the DFI 875B..not A..

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

abit is screwed :mrgreen: they always have some bios reset problem :mrgreen:

7. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Honestly, I don't like Abit in any kind, but you can't state this as if it would be a fact in common. ;)

8. Chai

I used to like Abit, but recently, they have lost their sparkle being Abit. They seem like just another motherboard manufacturer to me now.

I don't think Abit boards are capable of doing very high FSB with 1:1 memory ratio.

9. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i noe wats the manufacturer :mrgreen:

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Between the two, I would go for DFI... :thumb: Why not ABIT? The others already said so... :lol:

11. Chai

Huh?

What I actually meant was, Abit is just like any other motherboard manufacturer. Nothing special about them anymore.

12. darkhorse

darkhorse Newbie

i prefer abit. had a very nice experience with them. been using them in my main rig for years
    and i had a couple of msi's that broke down . sold em off to get abits. but i wish to try dfi soon. ocing rate is much higher and thier lan party boards are so damn cool

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, the reply you gave contradicts greatly... The question is Abit or DFI. U prefer Abit but would like to try DFI.... :confused:

14. Chai

Just like to let you know, I used Abit BH6, BX6-2, SA6, KT7A, NF7-S. So I do have a lot of experience with Abit too.

15. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

skip Abit !!

i think they are having quality issues .. seems like lots of Abit motherboard having some problem .. minor ...

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah. DFI all the way! :thumb: :beer:

17. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

I think feature-wise, they are about the same. DFI are know to be a good OC, abit is not a bad mobo but I think 65 is a little too expensive to buy the 875 chipset. I personally may just get abit for the time being and save the 65.

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, it is the 875P chipset...

19. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

I stand by DFI. At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, Abit has lost their lustre, tbh.

(Maybe then DFI will release a board called the DFI FanBoy? :haha: )

What Abit did with their Fatal1ty series just smacks of marketing gimicks and desperation.

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I agree. Imagine saying that u have a Fatal1ty mobo... :lol: There's really nothing special about it.. :snooty:

DFI on the other hand has really come up. They're making high quality boards that can overclock very well.. Heck, I jumped boat... :p