Abit or DFI???

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by dalivision, Dec 3, 2004.

1. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

2. neo4 is msi, so that counts many people out from the start, right psy? :thumb:

3. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

msi isnt bad if that's what you're trying to say.

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, I've had one recently. Its a POS as far as I'm concerned. I sold it off as soon as I could. Even that, I feel that it was 2 months too late... :mad:

Well, this is off topic now... :D

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

msi boards have been doing pretty well lately..

6. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

MSI are a tarnished brand for me...

But back to Topic! :evil:

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

most probably because of their weak BIOS support..
    MSI board's construction is pretty solid nowadays..

8. delarafi

delarafi Newbie

Im the USer Of ABit AI7...
    if ur plan to use Presscot n stick to Stock Fan... its better u go for DFI
    im using abit AI7 now..but i have to change my stock fan to a bigger 1 that can cool off the PWM area..
    ok.. with Northwood... AI7 is the Best... but it say it support 800mhz prescott..
    so i bought this Board.. i use prescott 3.0E.
    Everytime u want to play games.. the PWM goes from 43 to 75C... n the alrm goes off..
    so..the only way to use it without worying bout the warning alarm.i use CM Vortex Ultra FAn..
    Then its Stable n cool.. now my AI& is a good child...
    want no hassle... so go for DFI.. lot of my DFI fan friend.. they satisfied...
    AI7 n DFI sure give lot of OC choices...

9. Aion-X

Aion-X Newbie

GET DFI, at least it IS build for Overclock. ABIT won't last long.

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Do you know that DFI has serious issues with high RAM voltage option on the NF4 series that's killing so many board?

11. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

It's the RAMs that are dying more than the board :?

12. Ject

Ject Newbie

Abit and ASUS are designed for Overclocking in mind. Abit does great for over voltaging and Over clocking items. ASUS also. DFI claims they are but in reality, they aren't

I tried OCing my CPU, GPU, RAM with a DFI board and it just didn't do so well. Everything was unstable, warnings about too much voltage etc..

13. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

Wow. I'm glad i read this thread. Heard a lot of good stuff about DFI but now i guess it's best to stick to ASUS mobo's. Abit second place.

14. Chai

LOL! DFI is still the best AMD overclocking board, no doubt. Asus is a good all-rounder. Never have experience with recent Abit board...

15. Ject

Ject Newbie

Everything is basically in the persons opinion and experiences on whats the best. I don't belive DFI is great because I never had good luck with a DFI board, Yet ABIT i've had good experiencex, and ASUS since I like OCing alot fo stuff, I've had great experiences. I'm not trying out Gigabyte boards and so far they seem decent.

Tho maybe some tests wills how DFI is better or maybe Abit is better, not sure because i haven't looked lol :mrgreen:

16. Yeah, it's all personal. Anyways, I don't judge a motherboard's quality from brand (hey DFI also produces cheap mobo for office use). But to answer DFI or Abit, I think for Intel's mobo, go for DFI. For A64, go for either DFI or Abit depends on what RAM u got.

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it's more to the user than the board itself. they baked the component. the board itself is definitely capable of running at all the voltage provided and it has nothing to do with the quality of the board. but again, well awared overclockers know how to take care of it instead of letting that particular component to get "baked". you dun see those who gets beta/sample board directly from DFI team killed the boards because they know their stuff.
    the DFI team works extremely close to the community, probably the only one manufacturer, and they will have a new revision coming out after hearing feedback from the users. new SATA, extra PCI, but not much modification done on the voltage part other than rearragning the upper part design to make it more "standardized". because the problem isnt with DFI board, but the users.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  18. Chai

That's true, no doubt about that. But DFI should be prepared that more than 50% of the users do not know how to overclock properly... :mrgreen:

19. Aion-X

Aion-X Newbie

HALF true, DFI is the best when U R USING what DFI Engineers are used to test their board (which appear to be SAMsung and Winbound) Value ram is not their interest. MSI (Neo4 Platinum SLI) is better with this value ram can run 260MHz without divider. Asus (A8N SLI DELUXE) is little lower 240MHz because of 2.9 VDimm limit. Both are my friends' board.

20. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

DFI boards..lovely :wicked:

the best overclocking board u can buy now...couple with the best rams like TCCD n bh-5..flying for sure :mrgreen: