Able to go online, but cannot upload pictures

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by sckhsmc2007, Apr 18, 2007.

1. sckhsmc2007

sckhsmc2007 Newbie

Hi all,

I am using an Aztech Ethernet USB DSL 600EU modem to connect to streamyx. Previously everything was okay (being able to upload stuffs which are well within the size of the file mentioned) until i formatted my computer about a month ago. Since then, I've been having difficulty in uploading files, and had to resort to upload mini pictures which are below 20kb. More than that, and I would have difficulty, sometimes even the error page will turn up after loading for a long time.

What could the problem be? I've set all the modem settings into its factory mode, left all TCP/IP mode to obtain IP address automatically, and even flushed the DNS several times. But the problem is still the same. The download speed is also a bit low-ish. I'm using the RM 88 package of streamyx. I've called them 3 times but they were unable to solve my problems.

Please do help me out... I can go online though...

2. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Since the only factor that really changed is your PC being formatted, then the problem most probably has something to do with your PC.

Try installing some spyware and anti-virus software to clear out any junk in your PC, if you haven't done so already. Also, try to get the latest Windows Updates.

Sometimes, your PC can be infected extremely easily by spyware over the Internet immediately after a fresh install.

3. sckhsmc2007

sckhsmc2007 Newbie

Hi! Thanks for the response...

I have avast! and AVG up and running and the last scan I did showed everything to be clean.

I don't think the problem lies in the computer, as I did used it to go online over at my cousin's place with his linksys modem and router which was alright. Wi-Fi was okay in Coffee Bean and I was able to upload without a problem. But when I take the computer back and attach it to my modem, the problem starts going on...

Would it be something to do with the mygateway thing? THANKS!

4. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Hmm. Probably your modem's chipset now problem sync-ing with the Streamyx DSL node. I've had this problem before with a 600EU model, and I straight away returned it for a different model.

It seems that the 600EU has a lot of weird problems. Perhaps you can try your friend's laptop using your modem and see if the problem persists? If yes, perhaps you could try sending it for warranty.

I know this sounds like a one-in-million chance that your modem is broken right after you reformatted your comp, but weird things do happen.

Because AFAIK, all Aztech modems should work fine out of the box at factory settings.

5. sckhsmc2007

sckhsmc2007 Newbie

Thanks a lot! Will try it out =P