Acer Aspire T180 Graphics Upgrade

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Durks, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Durks

Durks Newbie

Got the new graphics card today and its still the same. Didnt mention it last time (forgot) but when i turn the computer on, as i hear the ticking sound the led light on the power button is flashing (green). After the ticking and the bios comes up, the power button light stays lit green like normal.
    If i restart the computer the power button does not flash.
    Cant figure this out....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Are you sure it's not from the PSU?? :think:

3. Durks

Durks Newbie

Iv checked again, removed the side panel and it still sounded like it was coming from around the graphics card area so i waited for it to boot up again then restarted. This time putting my ear to the fan at the back on the psu. The clicking sound is much clearer. Its the psu :doh:

Feel like an idiot.....

Suggestions??

4. Adrian Wong

Sounds like your PSU may not be up to mark. May be having trouble providing enough juice for the PCI Express power cable, since the graphics card is the only new thing you added.

5. Durks

Durks Newbie

Crap..... does this mean im going to need a higher powered psu?

The whole point in me getting this low powered card is so i didnt have to change the psu....

The computer runs fine after the ticking process. Would it cause any problems if i left the new graphics card in?

6. Adrian Wong

No, if it works fine after the "ticking" goes away, you can probably just continue using it without too much of a problem.