Adrian's Rojak Pot with a New Look!

Discussion in 'News' started by Dashken, Dec 21, 2005.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Ah... critiques! :D Welcomed of course. We'll digest them and will of course further improve the site :) Thanks for the honesty :)

But for the last comment. I'd beg to differ. Adrian would speak much better here but honestly, I don't give any damn for any of the manufacturers out there. Of course we have our favourite here and there but to the point of not critising them? I honestly don't think we have dipped down that low.

2. vien

vien Newbie

Pros: Finally the frame have been removed! it was very ugly and difficult to read the content.

Bugs: main page top right corner where the BIOS flash button lies. Spelling error in tooltip text: BOIS Optimization Guide.

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah, Tshirt -> T-Shirt and Money Saver -> Money Savers too. :mrgreen:

Hmm... although I've only done 2 reviews so far. But I've spoken what I like what I didn't like in those reviews. Don't care who the manufacturers are. Your product no good, we report as it is. :whistle: :dance:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I will definitely be more straight forward in my future reviews. If I won't buy it myself, I will state in the review. :thumb:

5. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

apple white, nice :clap:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

er...maybe try to be more patriotic :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

but the thing is..there is no local made hardware that we can be proud of :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

7. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Kool!! :thumb: :clap:

Well done guys! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm the forum admin. And by default, if the forums prompt to ask you to login, if should auto redirect you back to the previous page. If you are not refering to that, I don't have any idea what you are refering to.

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hopefully, they will enhance your experience at ARP. :mrgreen:

Hmm.. I don't quite get this part. We only show Most Recent Threads (@ The ARP Forums) at the top of every article page. :think:

Oh, were you talking about the forums in the comments above? Or only this part?

I will check with Chai on this. But if you login by using the login form at the top right corner of the forums, it will automatically revert you back to the same page. :think:

Ahhh.. We used to do that for the BOG until people started plagiarizing it.

It's currently optimized for 1024 pixels-wide screens. Optimizing it for 800 pixels wide would be too restrictive and not suitable for most monitors. Most monitors now support a resolution of at least 1024x768.

Actually, I would disagree with the concept that a reviewer's job is to bash everything they see.

IMHO, our job is to describe the product to you in detail and point out its GOOD and BAD points. It's really up to you, the reader, to decide if this product is just what you need, or not good enough for your needs.

In fact, right now, we are trying to provide you with the fairest and unbiased view of each product we can. But if you think we are biased, please do point out specific reviews and quotes. We would be happy to address them.

Accepting gifts? Our editorial policy is very strict on this. We do not accept gifts. Many of the products reviewed here were returned to the company after our tests. Review samples that were left with us are often given away in giveaway contests. If you check our Article Database, you will see a list of giveaway contests we have hosted using our stash of review samples.

And when it comes to our reviewers, it has always been our policy from the beginning that NO reviewer is allowed to keep any review sample, even if the company does not wish to take it back. After tests, the reviewer returns the samples to ARP or the company. There's really no reason for our reviewers to lie or glamourize any product. We call it as we see it.

But we do NOT believe in simply trashing products because it seems fashionable to do so. Or just to impress our readers with "impartiality". Being impartial means exactly that - telling the story as it is, not making a mountain out of a mole hill.

10. I was just waiting for you to reply, adrian. And I wholly agree with you on this point.

If you (JeanGuy) are looking for purely negative reviews then that in itself is neither a well balanced review or article. Trying to cover all the angles in reviewing a product doesn't necessarily mean that you have to leave a distasteful remark.

Or maybe Adrian and co. just didn't find anything wrong with the particular product that they reviewed?

Anyway, just throwing my two pennies in..... :thumb:

1 person likes this.