Advise with sound cards.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by 1031982, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

*BUMP*

I got a cc on this will let 1031982 post back himself and see if the information helped. I have already emailed back Auzentech support and thanked them for the reply :D

2. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Yes, I got the reply. Thanks for the help Mac Daddy.
    Basically, it would allow the recording, but the SPDIF input will only decode LPCM Stereo audio. It's looking like I am stuck with Creative for the features I want...

3. Mac Daddy

Dang that's too bad man but hey at least we tried. If I see or hear of any other cards meeting your criteria I will let you know :D

4. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Well, I am thinking about replacing my speakers with digital ones. If I do that, it won't matter as long as the card does pass-through. I just won't know what to do with the current ones... They work just fine and the fuse is user replaceable.
    If I replace the speakers, that will be first. My options in card will be open up to almost any card with SPDIF I/O, and I would get an Auzentech.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

What do you mean by digital speakers? You mean speakers with digital input?

6. Mac Daddy

I think that's what he means Chai. Sorry guys we forgot to post the reply from Auzentech ...

7. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Yes. I am looking around in general, but I won't be able to afford anything for a bit. I won't loose quality of sound, and the ones I have now cost me I think around $250 at the time. But, it looks like it might be worth it to a replacement with multiple inputs.

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It's more important to get good speakers rather than having digital input. After all, speakers will always be 'analog'.

9. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

I know, but to do everything I want with another card I need to have digital speakers for pass-through. Costs more, but obviously I am willing to spend the money within reason. I am looking at the Logitech digital Z-5500 right now, but I am open to other setups. 5.1 is good for me, and by all means I am open to the idea of getting a good sub with the inputs on it and being able to replace the other speakers with higher quality ones. I just need to save the money for it.