After that, what's next?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Sep 3, 2007.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hey there,

I have finally completed that micro-course Engineering Computing which features entirely on C programming for the semester.

Before that, I studied C++ when I was in Form 2 (what else other than being inspired by the idea of creating CS bots??), and grabbed all the basics beforehand. Afterwards, got stuck in Pointers and References (sheesh I hated these, but they are very useful!!) and didn't crack my head or studied that because of the PMR. (and not to mention also after that is SPM, STPM!!) :haha:

On this year and this half-year, I got to study them back, but now in the flavour of C instead - I have to get accustomed to the printf() and scanf() functions instead of pushing out cout<< or cin>> thingy and all the overloading stuff. How painful it is to get accustomed with all the C at first, but thankfully, I still know how to build a heck out of a program, creating complex loops and all the other stuff.

So I finished the C course already, now with my knowledge of Pointers and some boring file input/output (and not to mention, linked lists!!) covered.

Now, a question, is it possible to resume to C++ and get my gears moving toward Classes, Inheritance and Polymorphisms? :mrgreen:

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Speak ENGRISH!

:o

Joking. :p

I have nothing really to add. :p

All the best though. :p

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

your graphics card is too slow to nest the code.

go get a GeForce 8, then we will start talking about coding classes :p

4. The_YongGrand

Heheh... where did you get that idea? :haha:

I want to do Half-Life series (1 and 2) modding, but my C++ is just half-way through. Wish I can get these further studies covered and do these straight away. :mrgreen:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

If you are doing C++, try it on Windows system. Creating utility to catch keycodes from wireless keyboard, mouse, customizing mouse buttons, etc. You'll learn alot and may find a career in that too. There are so many things that you can do with C++ that other language can't. I wish I learned that earlier. :(

My colleague who's into C++, .NET, etc. I see him code also :faint: He's the one who told me no one in his/her sanest mind would write a program from the 1st line. :haha:

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Skip it all and learn C# and JAVA. at the end of the day, it's all the same.

7. The_YongGrand

I see. But some of my main focus is to develop some Windows programs and some game modding like Half-Life series, which seriously requires C++. Not really sure whether C# and Java supports Half-Life series though.. :haha: