AirAsia's Boeing 737 bursts tyres on landing!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by aKho, Dec 15, 2005.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

rightt...i'm going MAS until they sort this out.. :snooty:

source : http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/12/15/nation/12869799&sec=nation

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:whistle: i wonder how will they manage their airbus A380 :whistle:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure they bought A380? :think:

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

oh my mistake :haha: they only ordered A320

5. Mike AC Ryan

Mike AC Ryan Newbie

Usually this isnt a big of a deal.

Remember concorde accident in paris?

Well.. the tires bursted there as well - though that had nothign to do with the accident though - and can still take off and land as usual (thought it prolly is a bit more bumpy).

The reason it bursted, was that the tires were very hard due to the high speeds the concorde gets to (take-off leverage effect), and it drove over a 1meter sized piece of metal that came of a DC10 when that one was taking off (5mins before the accident).

The tires exploded, and a piece of rubber of the tire shot up agains the right wing (under side). Though this is no problem - it is tested to withstand this and no hole was made in the wing. Though the piece of rubber was so big (usually it bursts into pieces of ~1kg..though this piece was 4kg), that when it hit the wing, the fuel became a huge shockwave inside the wing and the Fueling-Entree thingy (the thing where they stick the fuel pipe in :p) exploded out the wing. It flew out the wing like..when you have a lid on a bottle, but not tightened enuff...and you stomp on it with your foot: the lid flies off.

Then the gasoline was pooring out of the plane... Still no problems - usually :p... Remembe that piece of metal? Well, that metal shot straight up into the cabin where the wheels are when they are inside the plane. Since there are a lot of wires there to get the wheels up and done, one of the wires got cut by this piece of metal, and made sparks afterwards.

Sparks + kerosine = gg.

Hmm..what was this thread about again? lol...

Oh yeah bursting tires...

Like i said.... Shouldnt be a problem...unless your EXTREMELY wtfomg unlucky :p.

Mike

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

saw another one on CNN yesterday..

landing gear not working properly.. wow I could see spark when they attempted an emergency landing :mrgreen:

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, like all accidents, there was a chain of events. Hehe.. Did we watch the same Discovery Channel documentary? :mrgreen:

8. Mike AC Ryan

Mike AC Ryan Newbie

Haha..yeah i guess :p... Though all these kind of plane accidents happens a lot with a chain of events..

I remember one Chilean (i think...or cuban...somewhere south america :p) plane was totally screwed up by giving a million error messages about altitude, speed and stuff... Giving Stall error (too high) and Too low errors at the same time while flying at night (no visual point of reference...).

Imagine.. You're the pilot. You look out the window, all is black... Your machine tells you, you are too high. It also tells you, you are too low.... god.... Flip a coin? :p

9. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

hey! i caught that on discovery too! :haha:

10. Adrian Wong

Oh yeah, I saw that episode too. :mrgreen:

They were supposed to follow the computer warnings. But instead, they listened to the traffic controller who was reading the wrong data off the transponder. :think:

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i watched every episode :thumb:

12. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. So do I. :mrgreen:

Hmm.. I wonder if they will cover this incident?? :wicked: :haha: :haha: