Airflow in a case!

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Nerd@133FSB, May 14, 2003.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

no worries :) it works very well and my friend is so happy with this setup
    when the upper part air pressure is low, all the air from the down part will be pushed up and the empty space will be filled by the cool air pulled in by the 3 intake fans :)
    it works better with a "longer" case.

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

mine JUST HAD a couple of days ago .. ahahha

3. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

aint the PSU would be hot ? haha.. I mean if ur ambience is 38celcius... wouldnt it be hot in the PSU ?

haha look here... http://content.guru3d.com/article.php?cat=review&id=41 <-- proSilence Fanless PSU by silentmaxx... no fan.. all heatsink.. haha !!

4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

yeah, it's gonna be a hot PSU. PSU memang hot wat. :) i've never seen a cool PSU.

and based on the pic, when i stay bottom fan i usually refer to the front fan. i guess wrong term. should've called it front fan.

5. drab

drab Newbie

Too extreme.1 in top 1 in back.one in front is plenty to keep the air flowing through your case.want more cooling,go for liquid :lol: otherwise your computer sounds like a wind tunnel :shock:

6. Brian

Brian Newbie

i remember some japanese guy once did water cooling on his PSU. must have been really cool

7. zy

nyahaha.. my sound like a "mini wind tunnel dee"

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

No. Because VRs are not the only components generating heat. There's other stuff inside like transformer which produced a lot of heat, and often not cooled my water cooling. Water block is only on the VRs. So I think water cooling PSU is not such a great idea, great for bragging though, like water cooling a CPU a few years back. :D

9. goldfries

what is a VR?

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

voltage regulator.

I think antec PSU is the hottest.
    man..the dual fans spin so slow till you cant even feel the air that is being pushed out. they will only change to fast mode when the PSU temp. reach 40C.

11. zy

added another 80x80x25 @ my 5 1/2" bay..

ADDA AD0812HS-A70GL
    volts : 12V
    current : 0.25A
    power : 3W
    speed : 3010rpm
    noise : 34.4dB/A
    air flow : 38.6cfm
    preasure : 0.16"

Attached Files:

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

LOL. I also added a 80mm fan on my 5" bay before on my old system :D but it didn't really made much difference... so i removed it eventually ...

13. goldfries

cold air is best dragged from the bottom of the case as it will replace the hot air more easily.

14. zy

i dunno.. :p ... :p..

15. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

so the 80mm fan at the drive bay there would be the exhaust ?

16. goldfries

yeah. pointing outwards. but iwon't put there if i were you. the drive bay area i find is not that hot. i'll put on top of the case or near the PSU(back).

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Best :) somemore the 2x top 120mm holes can use to cool radiator in the future. Side panel blowhole can cool graphics card and VR. front intake can cool our HDs. All in one..hehe..
    will mod my case according to this "blurprint" very soon
    still "practising" how to use holesaw now :mrgreen:
    you know..can't screw up or else it will look cacat mahhh..

Attached Files:

• best.GIF
      best.GIF
      File size:
      15.4 KB
      Views:
  18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

How many times do you have to tell us that's the best airflow design? :doh:

I don't like putting radiator at the top. I prefer putting at the bottom. Radiator will become air trap! :D

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

sorry :doh: :doh: :doh:
    hehe..the first one is pic. this one is "blurprint" :mrgreen:

the radiator won't be the highest point :)
    the shroud will be very "thick" and the air trap/reservoir will be the highest point :)

20. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

haha.. ur design is base on ur friend's case right ? haha... cant get enough of ur friend's case airflow eh ? anywayz... er... if u want airflow u need some casing fans eh ?... wat casing fans do you all recommend ? I know mine.. only 2... its so noisy with the turning of the blades... always go *wooooo* hahaha... noisy... wat fans are good ?