AL JAZEERA HIGHLIGHTS M'SIAN APOSTASY CASE

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Malaysia is making a joke of herself everyday. I wonder when all these will stop. :think:

Attached Files:

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

"Islamic rehabilitation camp"... trin shivers:shifty:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Trin... let's change house. :mrgreen:

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Sigh, It is so nuts here as well. Rep-vs-Dem....Arrrg, that is all the news is about here.:wall: :wall: :wall:

One half thinks the other side is crazy... And vise-versa.:faint:

And it goes On and On and on and on and on....:wall::nuts:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

At least you guys got your freedom. :mrgreen:

6. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

oh. i think there was an SMS going around telling about this programme. :mrgreen:

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

in malaysia, once you are a muslim, you are a muslim for life :faint:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Unfortunately, its not a malaysian thing.

Some Muslim countries in the world make it a capital offense actually. :|

However, its continously debated within the community on the handling of this subject.

I'm sure the 'rehabilitation' is in accordance with Islamic ways (no torturing). There's a provision for that even in the countries that make it a capital offense. In fact rehabilitation is the wrong word. It should be more like counseling. So its sorta fair. I just don't want the notion that makes us look like barbarians... :|

As for regilious freedom, I know this one person that was born a Muslim but is a priest at a church. :o So no lacking of religious freedom there. He's a nice guy too. :p

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. IMHO, religion should ALWAYS be a personal matter between God and I. Why should another man or woman have the right to tell me how we should communicate with God? Or if I have the right to change the way I communicate with him? Who gave him/her that right?

I read a very interesting write-up by a lawyer in the Sun sometime ago. I can't remember who it was, but it was a full page on the issue. He wondered why so much fuss should be made about apostasy. He asked all Muslims if it was so important to FORCE someone to continue practising a religion even when he/she obviously no longer believes in it.

Was it more important for that person to be known as a Muslim, or to actually be a Muslim because he/she believes in Islam? Is Islam about forcing people into its fold, or welcoming them in?

Note here that I'm paraphrasing from what I understand the article to be. I will have to dig it up... I wonder if it's available online.

Oh, incidentally, before anyone flames him, he's a Muslim and I believe, very proud of it. :beer:

I agree with him. Even if this pertains to Christianity, Judaism or even Buddhism, I don't think anyone should have the right to deny anyone the freedom of religion. TBH, if someone do not believe in MY religion, I would be happy to see him/her go. Why should I force him/her to practice what he/she does not believe in? That's hypocrisy... and I believe many religions frown on that. :mrgreen: