AMD Athlon MP 2000+

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by itld, Dec 19, 2002.

1. itld

itld Newbie

howdy,
    i have a pair of Athlom MP 2000+ runing on dual proc box. what i find interesting is that one runs slightly hotter than the other on all of the time
    CPU0 idles about 2c lower than CPU1 and under load CPU0 will run about 3-4C lower than CPU1.
    i dont get it, Win2K seems to divide up the work pretty equal but still one is hotter than the other??

M.R.

2. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

What motherboard are you using? Casing?

It could be due to your air flow around the two heatsink/fan that might cause this difference in temperature.

You might also want to check your wires to make sure that none is blocking the fans, just in case!

I myself have two AMD MP1900+ with a Tyan Tiger 2466N mobo and 512 PC2100 ECC Registered RAM and the temps on both of the processors are at the same range. Using stock AMD original heatsink/fan combo. :roll:

3. itld

itld Newbie

howdy,
    my MB is an ASUS A7M266-D i have volcano 6Cu+ heat sink with 7000rpm 38cfm fans.
    the only difference is that the heat sink fins on CPU1 are horizontal and the fins on CPU0 are vertical.
    casing??
    if you mean the computer case it's an iceberg aluminum with a side window.

M.R.