AMD pushes Phenom II, Deneb, above 6GHz at -185°C

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Zenphic, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

OMGWTGBBQ

Sources:
    AMD pushes Phenom II, Deneb, above 6GHz at -185°C | NordicHardware
    Legit Reviews - AMD Phenom II X4 Processor Breaks 5GHz on LN2 - AMD Phenom II X4 Processors Spotted

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I really hope AMD releases a good CPU this time.

Intel is getting too arrogant with the release of i7.

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Clockspeed is clockspeed. What I really want to see are some benchies.

4. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Same here.

Can't wait to see AM2+ and AM3 released :thumb:

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

i want performance over clockspeed. hope amd can be back on track..pawn intel they will...

6. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

That's good for AMD, now we just have to wait for prices :)

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Ahhh.. About time for them to come up with a proper response to the Intel processors. :mrgreen:

But I agree. No matter how high they can go with it with air cooling or ridiculous liquid nitrogen setups, what matters most is their REAL WORLD performance.

8. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

A performance edge of AMD on Intel would be nice, but I'm just hoping they improve power efficiency as well!

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

haha. remember they used to demo 3GHz Phenom?

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LOL yeah.

In the end most of the retail chips are only able to overclock to 2.6GHz range at best and we don't even know whether or not it's Prime95 stable :lol:

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

AMD overclocks 45nm Phenoms to 4GHz and beyond - The Tech Report

Fail. Forget about getting it Prime95 stable at 4GHz by using air/water cooling :lol: 3.0GHz range should be more realistic for Phenom II.

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I really hate demos using liquid nitrogen. They are nothing but gimmicks to fool the n00bs. Even Intel did one for the Core i7 launch. I don't know what they are trying to prove... :doh:

Any CPU with liquid nitrogen can overclock to stupendous heights, but it doesn't mean they can overclock well with air cooling. Really pointless demos. :hand:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008