AMD64 3200+ (Venice)

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by kayFX, Dec 16, 2005.

1. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

im looking for a new processor since my EPoX board died already, and i'm replacing it with DFI lanparty NF3 (i think it useless to go look for another socket A board).. so how to identify this 3200+ venice? i've done some research about the price and its vary from RM615 (PCzone) to RM745 (All it).. any suggestion will be apreciated.. :mrgreen:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Look at the first line, and last few letters, DAA4BW (E6 core) or DAA4BP (E3 core). The whole line will look like this. ADA3200DAA4BW.

Are you getting the NF3 Ultra-D or NF3 250Gb? Because Venice is only available on Socket 939.

1 person likes this.
  3. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

well usually when u buy it a the shop, the box would say venice at the outside.. :mrgreen:

but once you plug it in, you can use softwares such as cpu-z that would identify the chip... :whistle:

1 person likes this.
  4. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

im getting the NF3 ultra-D of course..
    http://us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pro....jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3160&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US
    btw, which one is better? E3 stepping or that E6 stepping? :think:
    and i dont want end up buying venice saying box and cpu-z identify it as other core..

1 person likes this.
  5. aKho

well it does come with a warranty card... i'm sure it'll state it in there somewhere.. usually bundle with some games as well... :mrgreen:

6. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

how about the price range.. it may vary from shop to shop.. any good shop recommendation?

7. aKho

well, i bought my rig from Compuzone in Lowyat. they seem pretty trustworthy to me. banked in rm4k to them, told them what i wanted, they got it together.. i went to KL to pick it up and bring it back home.. :mrgreen:

8. Chai

Er...the codes are completely visible from the outside. And of course E6 is better than E3, newer core wat. :D But I'm not complaining about my E3 though.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

tot there is a new revision coming out soon?

10. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

really? when.. any info about the price range?

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

12. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

just came back from lowyat.. c-zone don't want to sell processor only.. other shop seem to sell more expensive.. i want to buy the mobo from robyncom because its the only shop that sell the dfi lanparty NF3 ultra-D, and they sell the processor a bit expensive.. or should i sell my current graphic card and processor and get a pci-e system.. argh.. budget is so tight.. :doh: (have around RM 1000 - 1200.. haven't receive my paycheck yet)

13. Chai

I was at Lowyat this afternoon too. A64 is running out of stock. That's why they jack up the price...

14. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

why are they doing this.. arggghh... :(