An article in ARP is plagiarised!

Discussion in 'News' started by Max_87, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

http://www.wsjol.com/article/2004-8/2004816103342.htm

Damn those ppl....100% copy paste and translated :mad:

An online friend of mine who currently lives in china showed me this. He said that this kind of things is really common in chinese websites. :evil:

He also said that people in china don't know the concept of copyright one.... that's why :(

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

3. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I know that you have put a lot of hard work and long hours into this compilation. The fact that someone just "stole" it really SUX, but on the other hand I also see it as a compliment to your effort. After all they would not have taken it if it was not well put together. I cannot read the article verbatum so I don't really know if there was credit given to ARP and you, the author... was there? :think:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Wow. Even took the watermarked pics... :shock: :o :faint:

5. slash

slash Newbie

sue their asses!!!!!

6. Andrew

Andrew Newbie

I think they're too dumb to figure out that those pics have watermarks on them. Is there a feedback link or something? Tell them where the article was ripped off from and have them give credit to the author.

7. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

出处:文三街在线.... as origin from their site...? :haha:

somemore copy 100% including the emoticon...it link from rojakpot site....WTF... :faint: :faint: :faint:

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

hmm .. can you guyz get some server to d.o.s. the link ? :haha: .. j/k ... i'm just crapping... :p

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

no there isn't :mrgreen:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! What can we do... we are a small site... just send them a mail lo. But if they don't take it down, what more can be done? :think: :whistle:

Somemore emoticon also copied from my emoticon page... :haha: Wow... I'm so honored... :lol:

Adrian, I think next time we should watermark our charts overlapping with the charts too. So that we can see who using our charts. :thumb:

11. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

actually copy like this is normal...but this dumb ass....stated there origin from their site...somemore all the picture and the watermark....oh my....some one hold me.... :faint:

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

the watermark..*me* think u should have used rojakpot.com instead of adrian's rojakpot. at least u get free promotion :p

13. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Man that sucks.

I better shut up before I end up saying something about China people :shhh:

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

15. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Yea yea!! You should... can it be done actually? :think:

16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i dont think it will work :haha:

17. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Hehe, if can then can get $$... :mrgreen:

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, we should change the watermark. :mad:

This isn't the first time a Chinese site stole materials from us. Seriously, they are real bastards when it comes to plagiarism. :mad:

They virtually have no qualms about translating people's work and calling it their own. I wouldn't be surprised if a Chinese scientist publishes a translated version of Stephen Hawking's A Brief History Of Time as his own work. :roll:

19. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

:haha:

Thank you Adrian :thumb:

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

ROTFL! :haha: