ANIMATRIX

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I especially like Momo... cool lines he has there. Haha... :lol:

2. lung

lung Just Started

Hmm? How?

U can get DVD-quality versions of .avi files off the net... Usually DivX encoded (2 hours of DivX encoded DVD-quality movies = approximately 1.3 GB :))

And I mean image-quality only... No 5.1 and all that...

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Did I say the VCD picture quality is the same as DVD's?
    I said vcd also got dvd version only mahhh...
    You get what I mean or not? They copy the whole dvd into VCD.

4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

yeah......they cannot copy the whole DVD into VCD. they have to downgrade the quality just to fit it. :) it's just a clear VCD in short.

5. goldfries

awww....... LOL. Select only. no output.

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Correct :D & no DD 5.1 :p

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, VCD = (3xx)x(2xx), while DVD = (7xx)x(4xx).

Can't think how to output! lol!

8. goldfries

must remember DVD is approx 6x the capacity of DVD. er........right? 4GB vs 700mb approx.

9. lung

lung Just Started

Even ASTRO is clearer than VCD... I wonder wut resolutions are they (ASTRO) using...

Sometimes I think even analog (video cassette) is clearer... I don't really fancy looking at 'very significant' pixels as in VCDs... Funny I don't feel that way when VCDs first came out... Only recently after I started watching DVDs :D

10. goldfries

actually VCD is of lowest quality. VHS is 2nd. lowest. then go to LD then DVD. now there's an even higher end DVD.

11. lung

lung Just Started

DVD layer 9. Actually DVD layet 5 looks like VCD quality...

The latest in DVD technology is 'blue-laser'. Heard that one piece can fit in 25 GB and will be used for HDTV image quality...

12. goldfries

no. not talking about DVD 9.

there's a newer one. my fren mentioned about it to me. i don't remember the name. superbit recording or something.

he's the AV expert. got himself a R9700 just to watch DVD on projector (RM 26k) and it's damn nice!!

btw his DVD collection is like a library.........all originals. :)

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

ASTRO runs on NTSC standards... about same res as VCD... just better video compression... better quality

as for encoded DIVX... some uses AC3 audio codecs... so you still CAN have 5.1 from divx avis :D it all depends on the encoding only.

goldfries... talking about original stuffs.... u haven't known Marauder yet.... :D

14. goldfries

probably he's just another one who's got all original DVDs.

my fren wan like........aiyoh. every nice new show sure got wan. hehe. but you know marauder and i know my fren but we don't know each other's fren so it's hard to equate. :)

15. peaz

marauder not limited to DVDs.........

16. goldfries

oh. hehe. my fren doesn't play game. he's a movie buff. so all his collection are DVD. that's more than 100 titles i see so far. donno 200 got come close or not. definitely a lot.

17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You want the best example of Marauder? He broke his XBox when adding a mod-chip. And he bought a replacement on the same day! :)

18. peaz

and that's not all :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    i really had this :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: factor when i 1st went to his house...
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Who's Marauder? :shock:

Lung> Just give me the cable and I'll hook you up. :twisted:

20. goldfries

must be super kau rich. can pass me some cash ah?