Any good places to visit in Taipei, Taiwan?

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, May 19, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Looks like I will be making a trip to Computex at Taipei, Taiwan early next month. Going to cost me a bomb but hopefully, we can bring you guys interesting news from the exhibition. :thumb: :thumb:

Will also be bringing my wife along for a long-delayed "honeymoon". Not her choice of a honeymoon, of course, especially with me hanging around the exhibition halls most of the day! LOL! :haha: :haha:

So, if anyone here knows of any interesting places to visit in and around Taipei, please do let me know. At least she can visit them while I'm away. Hehehe.... :twisted:

Oh, oh... Please also recommend what's good to eat in Taipei and where! Thanks!! :beer: :beer:

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Never been there but sounds cool had 2 friends who went to it last year one of them my buddy from motherboards.org Tulatin who is also Canadian lol :D

LOL and she will see this *ducks* :haha: :haha:

3. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! Well, it's a fact that most girls (including her) do not particularly enjoy the beauty of hardware components. :haha: :haha:

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

So true and we don't for shoes La :haha: :haha:

(Ohh I think I am going to burn for that one lol)

5. Adrian Wong

ROTFL! Very true. :haha: :haha:

6. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

7. Adrian Wong

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

You can actually let her do a shopping in another place while you attend the exhibition. :D

9. Adrian Wong

Shopping is BAD! BAD!! :mad: :mad: :shifty: :shifty:

Shopping = money. :mad: :mad: :haha: :haha:

10. The_YongGrand

Hey, your wife is a doctor ma... very high income... izzat true? :)

Many doctors actually shop a lot too! :D

11. Adrian Wong

LOL! That's the perception, indeed. But the reality is totally different. Government doctors are not well paid. That's why many are working part-time as locums. :)

Anyway, I think she wants to do more than just shop. :mrgreen:

12. miahman

miahman Newbie

i know girls that like computing. and i for one IF <IF> i have money i like to spend it on good quality clothes and good shoes (after the technology though XD)

13. The_YongGrand

Well, what about the engineers, nurses and technicians in the govt. hospital? even more underpaid! :wall:

14. Adrian Wong

We have a few girls here who are into technology.. like cypris! :haha: :haha:

Anyway, I dugged up information on a few places where I can bring her. Now, the only problem is finding a place to stay! It looks like most of the hotels in Taipei have been totally booked out by people coming in for Computex! :wall: :wall:

15. Adrian Wong

Actually, you would be surprised. A nurse at her hospital just went for a short course that put her on the same pay grade as MOs. No idea what that course is, but it was a short one at Putrajaya and she didn't need to be a doctor to get on the same pay grade. ;)

Anyway, let's get back to topic! :haha: :haha:

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

there is Luxy :mrgreen:

okok, adrian is a married man so luxy is off the list.
    I will bring you to eat Old Ong's Beef Noodle.. set? :p

17. Adrian Wong

Counting on you!!! :beer: :beer:

Psst! What's in Luxy anyway? :shifty: :shifty:

I can always check it out on my next "single" visit. :haha: :haha: :haha:

18. bslee

bslee Newbie

19. Adrian Wong