Any good VOIP clients for WinMo (and any test subjects in Malaysia)? :p

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by PsYkHoTiK, May 21, 2010.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hi Guys.

Thinking of buying my gf (who's in Malaysia) a PDA (at this point either a HTC TD2, TP2, or HD2). Primary reason is that buying her a PDA is cheaper then a year worth of calling cards.... :p

The ask:
    1) Anyone know of any good VOIP clients that I can use (so I can make VOIP calls to her future PDA - be it through Digi's 3G or her home wifi)? Skype is a no go since it seems like they've ditched windows mobile. I've run across Fring that might seem to do the trick. Want to know if any of you guys know any other alternatives (that could be "better").

2) Anyone willing to test it out with me via both wifi and 3G (won't be long unless if it is one of the TechARP team who I haven't seen in 6 years). :p

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hey... get me a PDA, then I call you. :mrgreen:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You have been there for 6 years already??? Damn! Time flies!

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. Skype is no longer on Windows Mobile???? I didn't know that. :shock:

BTW... this is a little off-topic, but while researching for the best option for my maid to call her family, I found that some mobile plans actually offer the BEST international call rates!

For example, calling Indonesia using a VOIP call card costs about 67 sen (20 cents) per minute. But if she calls using DiGi during off-peak hours, it only costs 34 sen (10 cents). Virtually half price.