Any Nokia N82 users here?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by peaz, Mar 18, 2008.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has any personal experience with the N82. Care to share? Planning to get one soon. Wanted to know if it's an ok phone to use.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Get the iPhone!! Jason just bought one. Damn impressive!!

3. peaz

nah. i need HSDPA. It's the top feature i need. LOL :) I'd probably only get the 3rd gen of the iPhone. It's usually the 3rd gen where i-whatever starts to really shine.

Also. I think I'll skip the N82 and opt for the cheaper but slimmer Sony Ericsson W890i. HSDPA with a QVGA display... that's good enough for me :D

Scratch that. I think i'm going for the W910i slider phone. cheaper, larger screen, HSDPA, QVGA res too. haha.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

W910i is quite a sluggish phone actually. Sorry I'm very picky when it comes to responsiveness. i want every menu to be instantly responsive. After I released the button the address book would still scroll through itself. Just can't take it.

what's wrong with N82?

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL, he can live with the lack of features on iPhone? :lol:

6. peaz

Hmm. I'll have to play around with it and see then.

Well, nothing is wrong with the N82. I just don't like spending more than 1.5K on a phone.

7. Adrian Wong

I thought there was a lack of features too... but man, I played with it and I was EXTREMELY impressed.

The interface is VERY responsive. Loved it! Let's not forget it automatically corrects for orientation! :thumb: :thumb:

Very well designed apps too. The only issue I see with it is the lack of a stylus or ability to use a fingernail on the touch screen. That makes it difficult to type on the virtual keypad.

8. peaz

yeah. I've seen it myself and played with it too. but for now, price vs features just don't cut it. It's not even 3G enabled! so ... maybe gen 3 iphone... maybe then i'll get it

9. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I agree :thumb:

10. peaz

much like the macbook air... lot's of cool and bling factor. but price wise... sigh.

Anyways. pretty much decided on the W910i already. haha. going to get it tomorrow!

11. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Wah. Really W910i? But it is a nice phone to look at indeed. :D

12. peaz

Yeah. I got the phone already :D very nice indeed!

13. peaz

HSDPA speed is fast. But Maxis's 3G coverage and signal strength sucks.

14. Adrian Wong

According to a TM guy, all 3G and wireless networks are like that. He says as the speed (and signal strength??) drops as the number of subscribers and load increase.

15. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Yup. Apparently, that's the case. Same for local wireless networks like Izzi, Time and Maxis wireless broadband.

These companies probably just get a contract with TM (which monopolizes the entire broadband backbone in Malaysia) with a fixed amount of bandwidth for each wireless transmitter sub-station.

16. peaz

Maxis and Celcom each have their own 3G infra... but Maxis one sucks totally big time. I've heard Celcom's one's not bad. Coverage that is.

I don't even get 3G Signal from inside my house! That's how weak the signal is. I'm not even talking about connection speed yet!

Klang Valley coverage my foot!