Any Wii owners here?

Discussion in 'Games' started by peaz, Feb 10, 2008.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Just wondering who here's got the Nintendo Wii.

Getting one soon. :beer:

2. epithanatios

epithanatios Newbie

hmmm, I don't have a wii, and I don't plan on getting one, it may be fun for like family games, but for personal gaming a ps3 or xbox360 would be so much better.

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

No Wii for me... PC 4 life :thumb:

4. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

nope, dont have a wii, my last console was a play station :mrgreen: and if you usually game alone, then the wii is not that suitable

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I have all three current consoles... :mrgreen:

Like I said, there are pretty limited 'quality' games and for a crowd based games, only like mario party and raving rabids are somewhat interesting (but its fun when there's like party at your place - 2 players gets pretty dull fast).

Sports games are fun though (I love playing tennis and whooping my family at it).

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think I'm eying on PS3! BD here I come! :haha:

But I want GT5... :(

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm... Is it really worth going console? :think:

Except for the controller, I still feel the PC is the best way to play games. :D

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

PS3 is the best IMHO. :mrgreen:

GT5 will come around soon. I think it got delayed to support force feedback and rumble (since Sony is readding that).

GT5 ftw!

There are some great games that are console exclusive (like GT5, Metal Gear Solid series, etc). That is the only reason why I bought consoles.

And consoles like the PS3 also serve as a media center (as well as a BD player - the best on the market)

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looking at how PC games are now at the moment, I think I will move to console sooner or later. FPS and RTS, and maybe MMORPG (more available on consoles too). Racing games, flight sim, adventure are almost gone.

10. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

if i were force to choose one among the console, it would definately be the PS3, games like resident evil and final fantasy were my favourite :thumb:

11. epithanatios

epithanatios Newbie

i definately agree with you here, pc is the way to go, i only got the xbox360 for some exclusive titles like halo 3 and Lost odyssey is one i really want to get. and if you really like the 360 games, you can just get a 360 hd drive for your computer and a controller, pretty much the exact same as a console.

12. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

btw, which games are you planning to get with your Wii?

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I still think RTS on consoles are pretty retarded (KB & mouse ftw!).

But yeah for the Wii, Mario Galaxy and Zelda are awesome. Mario part 8 boring. Raving Rabids 1 & 2 as well as the Wario game is fun at first but wears out pretty fast (waving stuff around randomly without a real concrete purpose tends to lose its appeal pretty fast).

14. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmm should add Zelda to my list of purchase then. LOL. the thread getting a little OT eh? :haha:

Anyways... the point of Wii is for short fun 'together' games since I don't game even on the PC that much anymore. It's just plainly expensive to always keep up with the latest GPUs just to play new games. No way I can afford that anymore.

epithanatios: Noticed that your location is Canada... Incidentally, I'm getting my Wii from a Leian's bro who's helping me to buy it from Vancouver! LOL!

15. epithanatios

epithanatios Newbie

heh, wow, i guess we live in a small world after all . . .

16. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

i have a wii and a x360.

for playing with friends and family, definitely the best one is the wii. there's just too much fun to be had when playing the sports.

but playing solo i would go with x360, mass effect is just a game everyone should play, it's just awesome.

i recomend getting tiger woods golf for wii, it's reeeeeeally cool and you feel like you're really playing golf.

17. I played my wii consistantly for about amonth straight then got bored i only really bought it for mariocart and Smash bros.

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I thought that I should also point out that the Wii is region locked.

Hey, Nintendo did after all introduce region lockout to the industry. :p

Only exceptions are the portable games (PSP - for games, and GameBoy Advance and DS).

19. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I don't own one but my brother does and it loads of fun.

20. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

From my own experience:

MUST OWN Wii games:
    - Super Mario Galaxy
    - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    - Warioware: Smooth Moves
    - Rayman Raving Rabbids
    - Metroid Prime 3
    - Super Paper Mario

Give'em a rent and buy'em if you like'em:
    - Excite Truck (great sensation of speed)
    - Sonic and the Secret Rings (more "on-rails" than I'd like, but it's still fun)
    - Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga (wii controls might be a turn off to some)

Don't bother with:
    - Wii Play (buy it for the extra remote and then sell/ditch the game)
    - Red Steel (buggy as hell, rushed to release)