Any Wii owners here?

Discussion in 'Games' started by peaz, Feb 10, 2008.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Psy: games sold locally here are mostly US version. so the US version console i'm getting should work fine. did some research and apparently official local units are actually US versions with an official 220V power adapter.

worse comes to worse, i'll just bite the bullet and .... ahem... it.

2. peaz

And i think I'll get zelda locally here. Hmm how much is it in the states? it's RM209 here i think.

3. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

yes don't forget that wii is region locked so loading a USA game on a PAL wii will brick the console and you will have a beautiful paper weight.

also, I recommend Tiger Woods and Madden NFL (though it can be hard to remember all the controls). but it's a ton of fun.

there's also a fishing game which I forgot the name, but it's fun to play with friends.

4. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

I've heard that both Tiger Woods and Madden are excellent on the Wii with innovative control schemes, but I'm not a sports gamer (unless it's hockey ;))

5. peaz

Finally got my Wii :D Mario Galaxy is SUPERB! Woohoo!

LOL. and Ravin rabbits is fun so far :)

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Glad you chose and enjoy that game... :thumb:

7. peaz

the thing I like about the Wii is that it really work out a sweat and the games mostly played within 10-20 mins. just nice for me for a break from work kinda thing. :D :thumb:

8. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

you should try No More Heroes, it's AWESOME!

9. peaz

was walking around and saw some Wii games. and so I got wario. haha. going to try it as soon as I get back home from hong kong.

10. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Warioware: Smooth Moves? Enjoy it, it's such a fun game, especially if you have a bunch of other people playing together :) :)

11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

wario ware? nah ... not that nice :p it gets boring pretty fast. prefer playing mario party

12. Disp0sabl3

Disp0sabl3 Newbie

got my wii when it first came out and i haven't regretted a thing!

i suggest getting Resident evil umbrella chonicles if you already havent. personally im siked fro SSBB!

13. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Warioware is a BLAST! And I've heard that Mario Party 8 for the Wii isn't up to snuff compared to past releases...

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Mario party 8 is pretty bland...

15. peaz

wario is fun only when there's a bunch of people to play with :D like raving rabbits for that matter :) crazy funny fun and much to laugh about.

But mario galaxy is REALLY good. love it. :D will be playing it for a while before i get any more games. especially since I don't put much time into gaming these days. :)

16. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

I received Mario Galaxy for xmas, but I haven't been able to actually sit down and play it for any good amount of time yet :p Shame on me :(

17. peaz

well, if you like mario in the past, this title is really great! it's good to see creativity in a game :D

18. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

I want to play Mario, but I'm still working on Zelda for the Wii as well :p My gaming time has really decreased... stupid life getting in the way :p

19. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

We have one here in the "Boys Room" hooked up on a bigscreen with surround its a hoot !!

We always seem to go back to bowling for some reason the guys and the gals seem to like it :thumb:

20. peaz

lol :) bowling is pretty fun :D