Anyone bought the new TBred B?

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Chai, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The lastest TBred B is really the AMD king of overclocking. Some were able to hit 2500MHz! And that's like more than 3000+!

I might be hunting for the one of these. There's a very detail guide at overclockers.com. It seems that not all TBred B are as overclockable. For Malaysians, the current low speed TBred B available in Low Yat are not the best chips, because from the second line, it starts with 'J', and better ones start with 'A', for example, AIUGB, not JIUGB. It's not confirmed, but according from the same source, the 'A's are the from the higher speed processors.

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

some were able to hit 2000mhz with the Jxxxx stepping (tbred B 1700+). I just sold my audigy, so got some $$$ to upgrade liao. I'm still waiting for the Axxxx stepping :D
    the cpu is assembled in m'sia, but how come other counties got the A's first?

Chai: do they let you pick which stepping you want? Last time I went to low yat & imbi to search for an AGOIA xp1600+ but the seller didn't want to help me. Just picked up one xp1600+ (not AGOIA) and gave it to me. I told them I want AGOIA they said they can't sell it this way. ????

3. Chai

2000MHz is not good enough. I want at least 2.2GHz at 1.7V or better. I'm waiting for the 'A' stepping.

Of course I can choose whatever stepping I want! hehe.

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

which shop do you normally buy ur stuff?
    for me can overclock 600mhz is super good liao..

5. Chai

534MHz sounds good, but from 1466 to 2000 doesn't impress me that much, especially when I have a 1600+ capable of reaching 1750MHz, and that's a 350MHz overclock. I know it's far from 2GHz, but it's not a 'valid' reason for me to 'upgrade' to TBred B now. :D

6. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Can you guys tell me how much it would cost in RM terms for a TBred processor in Malaysia? I can then compared it to over here and see if its worth my time in doing some import/export work! :lol:

7. Chai

Dont bother doing the processors, especially the low ends. The TBredB is only about RM235 for 1700+.

8. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

9. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

I think it might be a little more wait than that if you are in Malaysia. But over here in Sunshine Land (California), we might get it sooner. No biggie, I ain't in the market for processors... yet!

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

you will get more orders if you do import/export for 8RDA+
    I want this board so badly
    ................verr..yyy...diiss...a..pp..o..inn..ttttt...e...ddd. :(

11. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

Wah TbredB 1700+ available already? chai dont mind telling me where did you see/saw that chip?.

12. Chai

In Low Yat, but I don't think they still have it...

13. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

hehe. i got a XP1700 T-bred.

i will check to see if it's A / B.

14. goldfries

based on [​IMG]

and that mine is a JUICB

i got me an XP1700 TB-B. yay!!!!!!!!!!

15. Chai

I got a new TBredB today! JIUHB 0302! Running at 12.5x166 now, that's 2075MHz! at only 1.7V! Impressive man! It's 40% overclock! The next Celeron 300A!

16. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Holy Macarony! The GAP between my PC's Clock Speed and the rest of the Team ARP is increasing! ARGH! I want my daddy DRAB! =) ROFL

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

chai stop it! :lol: If you keep on going I can't control myself anymORE!
    too tempting!

SABAR ....SABARRR.....

18. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i'm still on my 433mhz.. :(

19. goldfries

mine is a humble T-bred. hehe..........OC to run at 150FSB now. hopefully can do some mod for it to go 166FSB.

what to do, super budget mobo.

20. Chai

I just did another vmod, since my first vmod came off, and I can't solder back. :( Now I'm 'officially' running at 12.5x168 using 1.75V. Previously, it was not stable at 1.7V.

This is the vmod I use.

[​IMG]

Just make a tiny U shaped wire, and put it into the socket, like the picture. I use the red marking instead of the one in the picture. It doesn't boot when try to mod it to run at 1.8V. It defaults at 1.65V using the red marking, so I can run at 1.75 now.

NOTE: Red marking represents 1.65V default, the U shaped wire represents 1.8V default. If you mod both, it will default at 1.85V. This is only valid for TBred B with 1.6V VCore default. Do it at your own risk!