Anyone bought the new TBred B?

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Chai, Jan 13, 2003.

1. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

yeah. insane achievements.

mine needs 1.75v just to stay stable at 12 x 166.

but what can i say.... i got mine in January and it's a 0251

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm happy with my TBred for now. I will buy a new overclocking king when it appears!

I'm running at 12.5x175 1.85V BTW.

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

What cooling and which mobo + BIOS version are you using?
    my 1700+, JIUHB 0302WPGW runs at 205x11 @1.95v now. Full load temp is around49-52C using slk800 & tt smart fan2.
    Ur temp shouldn't be higher than mine wert..

Will post a pic when I get back home.

4. goldfries

btw Chai what RAM are you using? i am quite sure that RAM is my cause of unable to OC that high. :(

5. dreamer

dreamer Newbie

using nf7-s rev1.2, bios is the latest 16, but the system can run at that speed even b4 flashing the bios.
    i'm using my old thermalright AX-7 with a normal 2500rpm 80mm fan, the highest recorded temp is 59degC

6. goldfries

btw where do you get your temp readings from?

7. dreamer

dreamer Newbie

i don't have any thermal probe, i just get the reading from the hardware monitor provided in the driver cd and MBM 5.3

8. Chai

Apacer PC2700. You can check my other post and my page profile for more info BTW...

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Okay. Same setup with me. But @1.675v, your temp shouldn't be that high wert. Did your apply AS3?
    I just tried to up my clock speed to 2.3ghz using 1.95v. Temp still the same. 49-52 full load.

10. dreamer

dreamer Newbie

i'm using AS3 too, what's the speed of your smart fan II running at? at high fan speed, your fan and your slk800 is a powerful cooling combo leh~~

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

around 4k rpm.
    but the performance diff. between slk800 and ax7 isn't that much (maybe 3-4c)
    and remember, you r only running @1.675v.
    maybe you should try to re-apply ur as3 and reinstall ur heatsink?

12. dreamer

dreamer Newbie

hm... u have your point too~~ perhaps the mounting is the problem... anyway, lazy to take it out hehe, as long as it can run reliably and doesn't overheat, just let it run for some time first~~

13. aarion

aarion Newbie

hello, this is my first post.

i manage to get mine at DC 225 * 10.5 @ 2.02 volt. Temp around 50c.

Attached Files:

• id.JPG
      id.JPG
      File size:
      57.3 KB
      Views:
  14. goldfries

Welcome to ARP Forums Aarion.

btw that's a nice OC you got there. but 2.02v is really making your chip hot. what kind of cooling system are you using?

15. aarion

aarion Newbie

using water cooler. i may lower the volt after some burn in.

16. Chai

Nice overclock. But the voltage is a little too high. If you want your processor to last a little longer, I recommend 1.85V, and it's still 15% increase from default!

17. aarion

aarion Newbie

i got no choice. most stable at 2.08 now. depends on temp. chai, pls check ur pm. thanks.

18. goldfries

hehe. lower the speed a bit. ;)

19. aarion

aarion Newbie

dowan lah. i was abit dissapointed. i was hoping for 2.5 ghz. Now only 2.3ghz. I got no problem feeding in more voltage as long as i can get the speed i want.

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

WOW..... well, seems like u dun really care about CPU livespan anyway :D i guess if u change processors every 1-2 years... it's ok to do that!