Anyone bought the new TBred B?

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Chai, Jan 13, 2003.

1. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

probably i should send you the wmv file i got from Zue concerning overvolting the CPU. :)

presented by Anand himself....

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

My processor should have the same speed limit as yours too. Since mine is running at 2195Mhz at 1.83V. Actually, I was thinking of the same thing as aarion, since normally I will only use a processor for 1-2 years only before upgrading. My old Palo I used less than a year old!

3. aarion

aarion Newbie

yup, u r right. use not long also. and the reason on going water is that i can put voltage on the cpu without worrying mah.

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

hey.. i'm using ur palo now! :) hehe

5. aarion

aarion Newbie

oh, u r the one who bought my palo. How is it doing? the best i can do with it was 1.8ghz only.

6. peaz

oh no.. i was referring to Chai's... :) sorry

7. goldfries

LOL no wonder it looked odd when aarion posted that.

anyone else have spare Palos?

8. aarion

aarion Newbie

opss........shiok sendiri. hehehehe. nvm.

9. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Ok, here's basicly my setup for now, how high do you reckon I could go ??

AMD Alt. 2100+ TB-B
    NF7-S Rev 1.2 Bios 16
    512 DDR333 2700 GEIL (non-heatsink)
    For now stock HSF
    Ati Radeon 9100 128DDR

I've oc it a bit, and saw my temp rises to 40++ at times from it's previous 20++ before OC, and 30++ normal OC state.

10. goldfries

huh? define 'normal OC'.

i've seen posts of 2100+ can go to 2.4ghz. :p

20c?? where do you get your temperature readings from? that's really low, like impossible kinda low. don't tell me u read that right after booting up?

to know the idle temp, leave the computer like 5 - 10 minutes to. for full-load tests you can use prime95 or sisoft sandra CPU burn-in wiz. but i'd go for prime95, at least i can do other stuff while testing.

http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=17&pgno=3 here's my results from XP1700+ OC at default vcore.

11. Chai

Almost all 2100+ TBred B can hit 2.2GHz!

12. hawkeye

hawkeye Newbie

hi there everybody!! i'm a nOOb in this forum, but i've been reading all ur posts for a while now... great forum guys :D

fuzzy, i've got a similar setup wiv ur rig - onli diff is the CPU-2400+, ram-kingston value 2x256Mb (Nanya chips) and a Volcano 9 HSF. i've OC my rig a bit, but can't seem to get stable above 2.25GHz. i'm not sure if everything's alright, but seems that my rig is a bit hot - 54oC idle & 57oC load. is that normal guys? anybody wiv a 2400+ hv any idea about the OC'bility?

helppp... i hope i dun fry my cpu :? FYI, my CPU is a AIUHB0301MPM running on 1.65V stock. check my stats below...

Attached Files:

13. peaz

LOL... it's quite hard to fry the AMD CPU PROVIDED you have good CPU cooling. I'm not sure about Volcano 9 on the AMD so i can't comment.

Anyway 1.65v is the default right? You might want to bump that up a little and it may allow u to clock it higher. maybe to 1.75v ?

oh yeah... check the air curculation of ur case especially around the CPU area. This really make a whole lot of differences.

Make sure that cold air is not obstructed from reaching ur CPU. This means the placement of fans is pretty crucial.. no point putting a lot of fans but only creating turbulances everywhere. Use the smoke trick to see the flow of air :D

14. Chai

Hey, that's the speed I'm running now! 12.5x175!!! :D

15. goldfries

hehe. 10.5 x 194. 150mhz slower, with 10%+ faster FSB.

16. kucingfight

kucingfight Newbie

hi this is my first post here

yup indeed the new TbredB 0310 1700+ are darn great OCers , averagely they can go up to 2.0ghz @ default volt
    i myself have one , and i'm now at 2020mhz (202x10) on 1.45 v.....and i managed to get it to 2.45ghz ( 1 ghz overclock :lol: ) ..with 1.90 v.
    talking bout speed from a 1.47ghz cpu..this is definitely kick ASS ;)

17. Chai

Welcome, kucingfight! My 0302 is not too bad. 2.0GHz at default voltage, 2.1Ghz at 1.70V, 2.2 at 1.85V. I thought most 0310 can do 2.1-2.2GHz at default voltage? :)

18. goldfries

hi kucingfight, i saw you before in another forum. forgot which one........i think LY.

anyway, how long will the OCable XPs be around? i might wanna get one, i'm using 0251. i bought that time i didn't even know there was TB-A and TB-B. i just buy. LOL.......didn't even know it was so OCable that time. :p

19. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

now what is the price of t-bred 1700+ ??
    i only see Jxxxx steeping in msia :( where can find Axxxx ??
    what week is good OC ???

i see u people playing tbred b i also want liao :p

20. Chai

RM220-230 range. 1700+ only has Jxxxx steppings. Only higher end TB has Axxxx like 2100+