Anyone ever hit the Sunway lagoon before?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by b104, Mar 20, 2006.

1. b104

b104 Newbie

Was watching tele tonight & seen a park called Sunway Lagoon in Malaysia.Made me want to grab my board and order waves to my exact specs.Anyone been there that can tell me what its like?
    The reporter had the waves to himself but I dont imagine it to be like that very often,but can you get waves to yourself & do they turn the waves up big very often?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Don't bother cause it ain't worth your time and the last I remembered, the duration of it is somewhere between 15~20 minutes.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I don't think they are particularly large... :think:

You certainly can't surf there. It's only a mild simulation of oceanic waves.

4. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

and they turn green in colour after a week for two days before they clean it out again and the water turns blue...

i live overlooking the sunway lagoon.. and hardly see anyone surfin'

5. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i think you'll have a better time at genting highland resort :o

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

EEEeeeewwwww............:sick:

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :haha: :haha: :thumb:

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I think there's been occasions/events for surfing.. and the waves do get quite big. But the cheapskate management only turn it on for special events if i'm not mistaken.

9. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I've been to Desa Waterpark a long long long time ago, but I haven't been to um... Sunway Lagoon and the new Tambun Lost World or whatever it is... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

sunway lagoon? better go mount kinabalu!

11. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

I think they wouldn't turn up the waves becuse of safety reasons. I mean, you wouldn't want to see or hear begginers injuring themsleves there.

12. cypris

cypris Newbie

My college is just next to Sunway Lagoon and we have free access all year round to Sunway Lagoon. Just went there again two weeks ago and the man-made beach and a large part of the wet park is closed. everything else is so-so. the DID redo the lazy river which is somewhat more exciting than it was last time. (the waterfall part is great)

Me thinks you should wait till the construction is over before going. Lots of rides are closed off.

13. Adrian Wong

WAH!! Free access??? Can we go for free??? :wicked:

14. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Can. Dive out of my window lor. Free entry to Sunway lagoon.

You might die in the process though.

15. b104

b104 Newbie

What's this about 15-20 mins duration or something?
    Does that mean you get the waves for a short time to yourself?
    The reporter said they cranked it up to max (1 metre max,approx) for him & he surfed it alone.It seemed to me that they would'nt make much profit that way.From what some of the other posts mentioned ,it seems they may even throw in free ear infections as a bonus,cant wait!

16. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Maybe we should get Jinny to document the waves for B104.

17. b104

b104 Newbie

Does it look like they are at the beginning of construction phase or closer to the end?
    P.S. Jinny. Maybe you have a better birdseye view to answer the question.

18. Adrian Wong

LOL!! Cypris says she can get free access what.. :mrgreen:

19. cypris

cypris Newbie

LOL! one card=one entry. If you guys wanna get in, i'd have to borrow my classmate's FunCards as substitues LOL:haha:

I don't think they're gonna be done anytime soon. a few more months at the least. you might as well just go there when the Second Phase for Sunwy Pyramid is up. which.... will take at least a year more I guess.. they've only just got the foundations done i think.

20. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Construction still going on... don't look like it's ending soon.