anyone know how to convert text file into excel file?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by miracleplasma, Jun 17, 2004.

1. miracleplasma

miracleplasma Newbie

I have problem here.Can anyone tell me or give me a sample code of copying a data from text file to excel file?What I mean is that the number of that value has to be in the column and the row in the excel program based on the value that is in the text file.The souce file has to be text file and then send it over to excel program using Visual basic.In shortcut, how to convert the file format of text into excel. Thanks. :doh: :doh: :doh:

2. plasma

plasma Newbie

first convert the text file to a table....

then from excel, insert object..... just try around,.u'll get it

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think you can import it using Excel but you must separate the values in the text file by tabs or commas. Give it a shot.

4. miracleplasma

miracleplasma Newbie

That is correct.But my problem is that it has to be done using Visual basic where the text file acts as the input file and produce the output in excel program.Thanks for reply. :wave: :wave: :wave:

5. miracleplasma

miracleplasma Newbie

How? From text file to a table?I don't really understand.What is the code of the visual basic for convert into the table?Anyway, thanks a lot. :beer: :beer: :beer:

6. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I can't remember my visualbasic, in theory u can use visual basic to edit the text file and convert in to the rite format eg .csv file by just adding comma and it can be open by excel then, or u wanna be creative and convert to xml file. Adding a comma in textfile should be piece of cake.

7. miracleplasma

miracleplasma Newbie

but the problem is that the text file should not be put with comma.So, what can I do.How do u convert text file to .csv format.Can you please teach me?lastly, the visual basic has to be develop.Thanks for the tips. :) :) :) :) :) :)

8. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

.csv are text files...just that they are formated in way, using either , or tab as column devider....