Are package contents important to you?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 23, 2005.

?

Are the contents of the package important to you?

1. Yes, I like to know what's inside the package.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, it's useless information.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure / No comment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

In all our reviews, we always list down the items that we find inside the package. We also show a picture of those items.

However, recently, some have expressed their views that the contents of packages are of little interest or use to them.

As always, all of us at ARP are interested to know what you think about this issue.

Would YOU like to know exactly what's inside of each package. Or do you think that it's worthless information?

We appreciate the time you are taking to participate in this poll.

Thanks! :beer:

LauraB likes this.
  2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

yes, to me very important! i'll like to know if some things are missing... like when i bought my wireless motorola bluetooth headset.. it didn't come with the power adapter and an extra cable to support mp3 players. i had to use my motorola phone charger for it instead. seems like when it was imported over, some things will not be included... :snooty:

3. b104

b104 Newbie

You would be silly to not want to know!Especially these days, taking graphic cards for example,with manufacturers using ref designs from mainly two companies (guess?).The decision between wanting a few extra frames or a better software package becomes a bit easier!

4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yeah it's good to know for graphics cards because there's so many accessories that can be bundled with it (eg. DVI->VGA adapters, power cables, VIVO cables, etc), you want to know what you'll be getting and if you need any additional ones.

Good for motherboards too :mrgreen:

5. SilentBotts

SilentBotts Newbie

Package Contents are hella-important to know.
    Theres so many reasons, but mostly its just nice to know whats in the box, it can save you time and money, or help you make a choice between to products.

6. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

the content package is impoartant, it's part of the product. I think even though it's not that important as you can always find it on product's site or description, for reviewing purpose, it's needed to be included.

7. plasma

plasma Newbie

I would not buy a (electronic) product if I cannot find the package contents. Period.

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It really depends on what kind of product I want to buy. Stuffs like mainboard, graphics card..... hm....not important to me.

9. vien

vien Newbie

Yes it is. If 2 hardwares have more or less the same price/performance I'll choose the one with the extra bundles.

well of course you don't write like a whole paragraph on what comes along in the package. A few lines will be enough. :)

10. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

information on the package is not important to me.

however it's an advantage to know, just as what vien stated.

11. BoBaTrOn

BoBaTrOn Newbie

Not only are the contents important but also how the package itself is.

I hate having a beaten up or ripped box.

I trade my PC stuff all the time so I like to keep all the items in mint condition along with the box.

Leaves a good impression to the buyer :)

12. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

It's essential to know the contents of a package so the buyer knows what they're getting in the product and what additional item(s) they might be missing and/or required to purchase.

13. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Hell yeah its important. If it doesn't have a return address I won't even come close to it; for all I know it could be a bomb or anthrax :shock:

14. Kalo

Kalo Newbie

One thing people seem to forget about the contents is the actual packing material. Seems that's only important when they receive a package that is banged up or broken. I personally think it's good to point out when something has been well packaged so that the people who read your reviews can get a feel for the condition in which they will receive their product(s).

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That really depends on your luck whether the postman decided to drop your package from the plane. We do cover 'packaging' in our reviews if you haven't read them yet. ;)

16. To me it's important!! :thumb:

17. Kalo

Kalo Newbie

I have, just answering the question of the topic. :D

18. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

I agree with everyone.. it's important to me too!

19. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I will not buy:naughty: unless i open and check all the detail in the box. Although it is newly never open before also :mrgreen:

20. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Please remove this picture.This is violating the ARP Forum rules.It's just my request.