Argghhhh!!! I'm going to have my teeth pulled out!!!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Got the same problem as well and because of this, my wisdom tooth are "rotting" badly and soon, I'm hoping to put on braces to fix my stupid chiclets like tooth.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Ahh.. I'm back today! :wave:

It ended up not as bad as I thought. The fear was more crippling than the pain.

Actually, there was no pain when he extracted the upper molar and cut through the gum to get to the impacted lower molar. There was only some pain when he injected anaesthesia at quite a few locations.

I actually went to watch The Island right after that! :haha: With half of my face was all numb! :haha:

But when I went home, I started to feel a throbbing pain which did get quite bad. I also developed a slight fever. So I popped in some painkillers and antibiotics; and went to sleep.

Right now, there's only a dull ache. So, it wasn't quite so bad. I did manage to eat noodles for dinner just now! :haha:

I guess I will be ready for the next extraction this Thursday! :shifty:

Although I must reiterate yet again. I hate dentists. :hand: I will be very glad when this is all over and done with! :haha:

3. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Glad that went well! :thumb:

I too had 4 teeth extracted when I was 17. I remember all that cotton stuffed into my cheeks. Ahh but the partially melted ice cream was a saving grace....

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Glad it went well for you! :clap: :beer:

5. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Say "Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese" ... :mrgreen:
    Like I told you, it won't be that bad at all. ^^

6. Adrian Wong

LOL!! :haha:

Actually, bleeding and pain isn't much if you only pull out the tooth, like the upper molar which I removed today.

The problem why I had more pain is because of the lower molar. It was impacted, which means it is embedded within the gum and at an angle of 90 degrees too! :doh:

So, he had to cut through the gum, saw the embedded tooth into four segments before pulling them out. Then he put in a single non-absorbable stitch. It is this wound that's giving me that throbbing pain and fever (due to infection). In fact, it took over half a day to stop bleeding! :doh:

But I'm happy to say that thanks to some painkillers and antibiotics, it's just a slight dull ache right now. Another day or so, and I think it will scab over nicely and become painless.

7. Reyne

Reyne Newbie

:shock: :shock: Wow... I have 3 molars embedded within the gum at the angle of 90 degrees. That is so scary! :sick:

Good luck for Thursday's surgery. :wave: :pray: May the force be with you! :thumb:

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Ah, that must be painful. I'm glad that it went well for you.

I remembered my brother's teeth being extracted in another way. Y'know why? One time ago, his gaps between the wisdom tooth at the back of his mouth, comes out smelly fluid. No matter how they're brushed and cleaned by the dentist, the gap still flowing out pungent fluid.

Then when he had his mouth (and his head) X-rayed, the doctor found out that his another wisdom teeth attached on top on a HUGE cyst. The cyst was in his head, and of course, the poor teeth (right on the cyst) was 1-2cms away from his right eyeball. That means, the cyst was in his uh.. face, or inside his cheek. My parents must contact a Maxillo-facial-surgeon for all the removal.

Surgery? Yeah. The surgeons suck out the liquid in the cyst first (I don't know the procedure, but what I know was, his wisdom teeth on his mouth was taken out and a needle jabbed into the interiors of his mouth. Then, using a special apparatus, they ripped out the cyst carefully and then kept it into a jar. And with the teeth. Then he's fine, and of course, some more dental check-ups several weeks after the surgery....and then he's okay.... Wao.... and ouch.... :eek :D

9. Adrian Wong

Really?? You should really get them removed, you know. :think:

I already discussed impacted teeth with 3 dentists so far. No doubt - you should remove them. Otherwise, they will cause problems for you in the future.

Haha.. Thanks! It feels okay today although there's that odd feeling of having a long piece of suture hanging in my mouth. :haha:

Man, I can't wait for this to be over and done with!! :mrgreen:

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

so tomorrow forum public holiday?
    HURRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

11. 331

331 Newbie

My God! What sort of problems are we talking about if you don't remove them apart from your wallet being lighter? :shock:

12. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

hehehe, good to hear that you are all right Adrian:).

13. Adrian Wong

Well, depending on what type of impacted tooth you have...

Food could get stuck there and cause dental caries. You could also get an infection which due to the location of the impacted tooth right at the back, could spread into systemic circulation.

Infection could also cause problems like subacute bacterial endocarditis, which is the colonization of bacteria around the heart valves. Definitely not good news. :hand:

14. Adrian Wong

Haha.. Thanks! :beer:

15. 331

331 Newbie

On average, how much does it cost to remove the impacted tooth/teeth including x-ray and can I get it done in a government clinic?

I paid just RM 2.00 to get my 2nd premolar taken out at a government clinic. The crown cracked in half while eating some nuts! And it came apart while I was brushing my teeth. :shock:

Fortunately, I did not feel any pain and I was concerned that the other half may break during extraction but thankfully it came right out.

16. Reyne

Reyne Newbie

The cost to remove an impacted tooth is around RM500 - RM700 depending on the difficulty. X-ray for one tooth is RM25. :shifty: (at a private dental surgeon clinic)

The government clinic will probably write a recommendation letter for you to have it done at the government hospital. :think: Sounds... :sick:

17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This thread sounds so painful... :roll:

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Lucky thing my teeth are fine (even my wisdom teeth....) :| :| :shock: :shock: :shock:

19. Adrian Wong

Yeah, like Reyne says, removing an impacted tooth costs upwards of RM 500 if a dental surgeon is attending to you.

But if you go to any dentist, I think it can be done for RM 200 and thereabouts. It's even cheaper at government hospitals, I think... :think:

20. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

:shock:

You'd have to pay extra money for dental surgery??
    We don't have to, 'cause it's all done with insurance.
    Except ceramic- or gold-fillings.