ASUS ZenFone 2 "See What Others Can't See" Media Launch In Jakarta (Day 2)

Discussion in 'News' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ASUS invited a few hundred members of the media from Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam and Myanmar to Jakarta, Indonesia for a 3-day media trip for the launch of the ASUS ZenFone 2 smartphone.

They dubbed the event the ASUS ZenFone 2 "See What Others Can't See" event. Let's take a look at what went down during the second day of the event!

It's going to be a long day today, so time to "fuel up" on caffeine! :twisted:

[​IMG]

Notebook - check!
    Smartphone - check!
    Bottle of water - check!
    Event booklet - check!
    Access tag - CHECK!

Let's go! :twisted:

[​IMG]

Almost 1000 members of the media and ASUS dealers from Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar milling about, waiting for the event to begin. INSANE! :shock:

[​IMG]

Entry denied! :hand:

[​IMG]

But I managed to get a sneak peek of the ASUS ZenFone 2 Experience Zone... :wicked:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Adrian Wong

Snack and water await those who are granted entry... Err... No ASUS ZenFone 2??? :cool:

[​IMG]

I think I got a pretty good seat in the middle. Hope they don't evict me! :twisted:

[​IMG]

Almost 360 degree wall-to-wall projector display! Impressive! :thumb:

[​IMG]

They really made great use of the super-wide angle wall-to-wall projection, melding the live performance with video on the walls.

I'm impressed, ASUS! :thumb:

[​IMG]

The ASUS Zenfone 2 is officially LAUNCHED!

[​IMG]

Here are the officially launched models and their prices :

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. Adrian Wong

The star of the event, though, was arguably, Zenny the friendly owl! :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

We're such good buddies! :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

The ASUS Zenfone 2 is an Intel Atom-powered 5.5" smartphone running on Google Android 5 (Lollipop) with up to 4GB of dual-channel memory and 64 GB of storage.

[​IMG]

Indonesian girls... the ASUS Zenfone 2 smartphones... are so pretty! :wicked:

[​IMG]

My new Indonesian friend... If only I had an ASUS Zenfone 2 to take this selfie... :doh:

[​IMG]

Red definitely suits her... :drool:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Adrian Wong

Snapping a selfie with the new ASUS Zenfone 2 smartphone.

[​IMG]

The ASUS Zenfone 2 is available in five back colours - Black, Gray, Gold, Red and White. Yes, like what our pretty model here is wearing. :mrgreen:

But no matter what colour you select, the front bezel is always black.

[​IMG]

I find white to be a really classy colour. :clap:

[​IMG]

Remember I posted what ASUS accidentally left on the table last night, this is what they were using it to create - a HDR and Low Light miniature demo.

[​IMG]

Check out the regular HDR effect as taken by the iPhone 6 (left) vs. the Super HDR effect in the new ASUS Zenfone 2 on the right.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  5. Adrian Wong

Now it's time to try out the Low Light demo...

[​IMG]

They placed a fake butterfly on a leaf inside the box with a little light shining on it. The demo involves taking a photo through a small hole on top of the box.

It demonstrates just how much more light you can get from 4 pixels to create one final pixel. That's really what their Low Light feature is all about.

[​IMG]

The iPhone 6 only recorded a black screen so I tried using the Samsung Galaxy S6 instead (left).

Compare it to the photo taken by the ASUS Zenfone 2 with the "Low Light" mode enabled.

It uses light from FOUR pixels to create one final pixel. That's how it's able to greatly increase the amount of exposure from the limited light, albeit at reduced resolution.

[​IMG]

The ASUS Zenfone 2's camera also has pretty good macro capability, allowing you to get really close to the subject.

[​IMG]

Not only does it allow for good close-up shots, it also has a nice bokeh effect for the background.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Adrian Wong

This is the Black colour option.

[​IMG]

This is the Gun Metal Gray option.

[​IMG]

This is the Gold option.

[​IMG]

This is the Red option.

[​IMG]

And this is the White option.

[​IMG]

So which colours would YOU choose? :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Adrian Wong

These are the ASUS Lolliflash dual LED selfie flash attachment for the Zenfone 2. It's powered and controlled by the earphone jack at the top of the Zenfone 2, and it's designed to deliver a brighter and more accurate colours for your selfies.

They retail for IDR 119,000, which works out to be around RM 33.50 / USD 9.

[​IMG]

This is the Zenflash attachment for the ASUS Zenfone 2. It is a Xenon flash that is 100x brighter than an LED flash and will bring out the skin tones better than an LED flash.

It retails for IDR 239,000 which works out to RM 67 / USD 18.50.

[​IMG]

These are the ASUS ZenEar earphones, which retail for RM 22 / USD 7.

[​IMG]

And here are the similar looking but studio grade earbuds - the ASUS ZenEar S, which retails for a whooping RM 196 / USD 54!

[​IMG]

The ASUS ZenPower 10,000 mAh power banks in the middle are about the size of a credit card and retail for RM 75.50 / USD 20.75.

They gave no price indication of the 5300 mAh power banks in front, or the silicone sleeves behind.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Adrian Wong

These are the larger 10,000 mAh ZenPower power banks with built in two-pin plug.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the larger 20,000 ZenPower power banks.

[​IMG]

Finally, these are the Big Daddies of the ZenPower power banks, with a battery capacity of 25,600 mAh. :shock:

Too bad it cannot recharge a notebook.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: