ATI 9800PRO Problem.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by kav, Feb 4, 2006.

1. kav

kav Newbie

I currently have a ATI 9800PR0 128MB with the R350 chip. I have been running in my Dell system for about 3 months, and the last 2 months it has had an arctic cooler installed running under high fan mode at all times. Everything has been working very well, and I have used ATITool about 10 times total to overclock the card to 400 Core with 350 Memory for single games of LOTRBFME and aways restore the default settings afterwards. Other than those occasional games the computer is used primiary for internet and email.

This morning all of a sudden I turned on the computer and got this message:

"You have not connected the power extension cable to your Radeon 9800 video card. Please refer to the "Getting started" manual for proper hardware installation!"

I had not changed anything on the computer at all. I had to take the card out and put my old card back in which worked right away.. When I got home from work I tried the 9800Pro back in the computer and it worked right off the bat. I have sinced turned down the fan on the arctic cooler in the mean time..

Anyone one have any ideas?

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Try connect other molex connectors of your PSU to the card. The current one might be slightly burned due to poor contact. This happened to my 9800Pro too. :mrgreen: