ATI's R350 ready by next February???

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by peaz, Dec 11, 2002.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

If the tip-offs recieved by the inquirer is true, then Nvidia's in real trouble.

Here's a clip of the news. "What is new is that both the R350 and the RV350 have already taped out with their production partner TSMC, which did not do quite as good a job with their friend Nvidia."

I'd be interested to see how ATI would play the marketing game next year.

Read more of the news here.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This is a great news for me :) but I wouldn't want a sole company dominating the market, very bad for consumers.

But I doubt nVidia won't suffer that much because of ATI's domination. nvidia is still the 'household' name in most places.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Better to have some competition than no competition! :)

4. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

ATi is the way to go... always!

Go go Underdog and take the nVidia for a spin!

I am just waiting for those newer generation vidcards to come out so that I can get my hands on the Radeon 9700 Pro. Yummy. UT2003 here I come :lol:

5. peaz

UT2003??? shouldn't it be DOOM III ???? UT2003 still playable on a GF2TI !!!

6. Chai

nah, I wouldn't call ATI an underdog. :)

7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

More competition between them, end of the days cuntomer get benefits
    Hhaaaa :)

8. WaltC

WaltC Newbie

*chuckle*...Where have you been, PY? I've had a Radeon 9700 Pro since September....! You're right--it will not disappoint. I replaced a GF4 Ti4600 with it and find it superior in every aspect--which kind of surprised me, to tell the truth. But that's the kind of surprise I like!

No question about it, nVidia is in some hot competition with ATI and that's good for all of us. How soon people forget that at one point just a couple of years ago ATI was the household word and nVidia was just some upstart nobody...;) After mowing down 3dfx in sort of an "arm's-race" kind of production venue, nVidia went on to usurp a goodly portion of ATI's marketshare. For awhile there I thought ATI simply didn't care about the 3D market at all and was willing to cede it to nVidia. R300 dramatically proves otherwise. I think that R350 will be a match if not superior to anything nVidia releases as the first GF FX. Even more interesting, ATI seems to realize that a one-shot effort won't be nearly enough to retake its market share and is committed to 3D development for the long haul. Means better products for all of us.

9. peaz

nvidia's problem is basically like 3dfx... becoming 'egoistic'

They've forgotten their consumers and have hiked up prices just because they are nvidia... :? Also, they have ceast to be very innovative. Each new product merely is just faster then the older ones... no real innovation like 3dfx's t-buffer or ATI's truform...

Ah... let's see how long they can last this way.

10. Chai

yeah, nvidia is exactly like 3dfx used to be.

I was a big 3dfx fan, so now you know why I hate nvidia. :) 3dfx had no innovation graphically wise, only performance increase, until Voodoo5 when they started introducing FSAA and T-Buffer, but it was all too late.