Audio stutter after driver install

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Revol, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Revol

Revol Newbie

Hello there! I've been having a problem in the last few days which has become unbearable. I installed Windows 7 Home Edition a few days ago, and noticed that my old NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS driver was lost during the installation, so I went to the NVIDIA website, downloaded and installed the driver again. Everything good so far. However, I couldn't help but notice that my audio would stutter from time to time. It's basically a sound glitch, like a buzz that comes in every now and then and it's unbelievably annoying. If I uninstall the driver, the glitch goes away, but if I re-install it, it comes back. So it's no doubt that the problem is caused by the NVIDIA driver. I seeked for help on other forums and I was told to disable the nvvsvc.exe service, as it's been historically responsible for various system slowdowns and excessive memory usage. But even after I disabled the serivce, the problem is still there. I'm basically desperate, I don't know what to do, so if you could lend me a hand I'd be forever grateful.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

What version of the NVIDIA driver are you using?

Also, are you using the latest audio driver for your sound chip?

3. Format your current windows and then start with a fresh installation of your drivers.