Awesome Console Slideshow

Discussion in 'Games' started by Trinity, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I just found these two youtube slide shows of every video game console and computer from over the last 35 years.:shock:

It was like my last 30 years just flashed before my eyes!!! A must see guys!!!:thumb:

The videos are here,

And,

Would someone here please embed the videos in this thread. Still don't know how to do that.:oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Just use {youtube} IdjyUgzpEq8 {/youtube}. :mrgreen:

Wow, I got bored with the part 1. I think I know only a few of them! Before I was even in this world. LMAO.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow! So many of those were before my time! :D

4. Trinity

Dude, All that old sh*t was 'THE' stuffs my Christmas dreams were made of! You young one's don't know how good you got it these days!:haha:

My first TV was B-W...:whistle: :lol: With tubes!!!:faint:

Gawd,,, How I wanted a PET...:haha: :mrgreen:

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Awesome classic gaming machines! :)

I simply have to be amazed by the engineers who designed those earlier generation consoles at that time! Doing things in 8-bit isn't easy!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  6. Trinity

Yeah, That's what I'm saying YG!:thumb:

Plus rep to who can name the game and level of the music from the first part of vid part two!!!:think: :p

7. The_YongGrand

Not knowing much of the part 2 musics, but I could recognize the first three music from the first part of the video.

Bubble-bobble, Ice Climbers and Balloon Fight. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Trinity

Good enough!!:thumb:

Do you know anymore? I love the old Nintendo music!:)

9. The_YongGrand

Not much, I admit. I played the few games like the Bubble-bobble (at cousin's home) and the Ice Climbers, Balloon Fight with my old Micro Genius. (An NES clone in SE Asia) :mrgreen:

Too bad I can't find the thing anymore. My ma gave it to someone else when she cleared up the storeroom. :faint:

10. Trinity

11. pfelelep

pfelelep Newbie

and came the 80's, and then, there were the NES and the Master system. :angel:

12. pfelelep

pfelelep Newbie

btw, it's interesting, as I drew a "joypad-through-ages-review" some time ago::)

[​IMG]

13. Trinity

14. The_YongGrand

Those newer NES clone console aren't lasting long. Once in '99 I bought those thing and a few weeks later, the gamepad stopped responding.

Then the power button broke... and worse, when I fixed that, a few weeks later, the entire thing failed. :faint:

Thankfully it costs like $33 at that time. I had to take back the old Micro Genius, and surprisingly it worked! (When we lost that one, I had to buy the thing to replace it, but then after it broke, again, we found it!) :haha:

However, I only played the SNES at my cousin's home. The ones with the diskette slot thing... and it plays Mortal Kombat and all the other advanced games!:mrgreen:

A walk in Tesco nearby reveals a 100-in-1 game package which is 8-bit in nature, I guess. Another one is the gamepad-cum-console (Sega 16-bit thingy) with the Sonic games inside, don't know what's the name of the console package. :haha:

Edit: Not all clones are poor quality - it's all luck sometimes! :)

15. Trinity

Well, I can't buy the thing now. My computer ran checkdisk (by herself):o . So now I have to get an external HD to back up my data. Better safe the sorry.

16. The_YongGrand

I see. Hmm, you can get the console some other time. Data's always waaaay important! :)

I'm still in a hunt for the classic, original all-in-one NES system, but it's very expensive and only obtainable in Japan. :haha:

17. Trinity

Seen a "new in box" NES on ebay for $799 USD:faint:

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Sega Mega Drive?

19. The_YongGrand

Yeah that one. I've seen that a few times in my another cousin's place. We used to play Mortal Kombat II and Fifa 95 there. :mrgreen:

Too bad, I don't have any 16-bit consoles on my hand. At that time these weren't cheap and my parents disallowed us to have any console games at home. :haha:

20. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow! That's a really good!!! :thumb: :thumb:

BTW, believe it or not, I was actually fortunate enough to use the first generation joystick. Not my computer though. :mrgreen: