Bangsar = KL people?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

You don't have to be visiting the forum to be materialistic, I'm just giving an example cause a materialistic person would usually OWN stuff be it a car, house or even a blardy underwear for all I car but because we now live in the 21st century, it's hard being a hippie without clothes on. Get Me? :D

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm living in a house la. :roll:

And Jeremy, I still don't get you. Sorry... :D

So, not all KL people are like that? Ohh... hmm... :think:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

goldfries: Dashken went off topic as usual. :roll: :lol:

4. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

i still dunno wat u talking about :roll:

ur sentence is like CS5's :shock: :mrgreen:

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

I'll try to explain it another time cause my left eye is swollen and I can't see right but basically to admit that you're not materialistic, you wouldn't be working to buy yourself something where it's like the good old golden days where money is not an issue and as long as there is a happy family with a roof over your head. :D

6. Chai

You are wrong, Jeremy. Materialistic means people who thinks that money and possessions are the most important thing in life. It has got nothing to do with people owning something simply because they use money to buy them. If that's what you say, virtually everyone in this world is materialistic? :think:

I'm not too sure what do you mean by golden days. The only time when money is not important is when people is still living in the cave! :thumb:

Edit: Grammar mistake

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah, agree. Jeremy, you forgot to explain the part where you said that people posting here are materialistic. :D I was just blur about that one. :whistle:

8. about bangsar !

Heard that there are bigger and better shopping complexes in Bangsar than KL ?? is it true ?

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Chai: I stand corrected! How far do you think that you're not materialistic in any way? Like I said, virtually everybody is materialistic in this world except for animals themselves. As far as everybody is concerned, we work hard to feed our families which is the top most priority but does it end there? Would you stop just because you have enough dough to support your family and not care about worldly posessions? What you quoted from is actually MATERIALISM and not MATERIALISTIC.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=materialistic

10. Chai

Are we going off topic again? :think:

Materialistic is just an adjective of materialism. Meaning is still relative close, if not the same. Just like what others said, being materialistic is more like showing off, rather than getting more dough to buy something you want/need. There's no clear line, saying what is materialistic or other wise. If you think that earning money is being materialistic, I won't stop you! :mrgreen:

But that's not the main subject of this thread. We are merely saying that people who loves to show off are materialistic. I wouldn't say that I'm not materialistic, because it's hard to 'see' yourself. I would reserve that for others to comment! :thumb:

11. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

Re: about bangsar !

shopping complex in bangsar?????????......small one only!!!!!!..... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: coz bangsar small area onli!!!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

12. Chai

I think he's refering to Mid Valley, which is near Bangsar. :mrgreen:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

How near is Bangsar and KL? :think:

14. Chai

Bangsar is in KL!

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Then? Bangsar = KL people is right what! :doh: What's wrong? :roll: :snooty:

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

17. Chai

sigh...I really don't know what to say. I don't even know the purpose of this thread anymore! :wall:

18. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

oh now i know why you're sayin bangsar =KL ppl :haha: :haha:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hmm... I'm getting blur myself. Chai, please comment on my previous statement/question. :D

20. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

i'm blur since the starting of the thread. all of a sudden Chai comes in like Rambo and blarring gunshots about KL = Bangsar.......but never know how it actuallly started.