Best Motherboard Maker.

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by siddiq, Jul 27, 2003.

?

Which The Best Motherboard?

1. MSI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ASUS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. GIGABYTE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Abit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Epox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. DFI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Soltek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Micro Star International

So few people voted for MSI. Then again I have had good times with my old INTEL D845PEBT2. Hmm... Also I haven't seen any INTEL lovers... Hmm...I do love my PCCHIPS Socket A motherboard... And my ASUS A7N8X...

-----------------------------------------------------------
    My current Rigs are the following:

PRIMARY RIG
    MSI PT880 Neo LSR motherboard
    Intel Celeron D 325 (2.53GHz) with Thermal take 120mm fan
    Sapphire Radeon X1600PRO 256MB128bit
    OCZ 2x1GB DDR400 RAM
    Western Digital 200GB SATA HDD
    Windows XP PRO SP2
    Lite-On DVD-RW
    NEC DVD-RW
    Aspire Gamer case
    Aspire 500 watts Turbo PSU
    NEC Black Floppy Drive
    Five LED fans
    Two Cathode

SECONDARY RIG
    ASUS A7N8X motherboard
    AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    Sapphire Radeon 9600 softmoded
    OCZ 2x512MB value RAM
    Seagate 40GB PATA HDD
    Windows XP PRO SP2
    NEC DVD-RW
    Toshiba DVD-ROM
    POWMAX gamer case
    Aspire 420 watts Turbo PSU
    NEC Black Floppy Drive
    Five LED fans
    One Cathode

GO MSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. xinoxide

xinoxide Newbie

i vote asus, ive worked with alot of different boards, but i cant recall any problems with asus boards. never any bios/cpu issues or anything. even with the pcie brands, sometimes with boards from like ecs, if you change videocards from like ati to nvidia or vice versa, you might have to reboot a few times to get it going. but not with the asus boards that ive been replacing cards on. and yeah, their more expensive boards, have HUGE feature lists, i love it.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I can't vote for Asus, because of a number of not-so-good experience. Even after BIOS update, the stability is not up to par.

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

My system is so old, That I won't vote.

But If I were to upgrade for conroe I am thinking about DFI this time.:think:

5. LyleB

LyleB Newbie

Motherboards

I have two Socket A motherboards by ABIT. Just ordered an ABIT KN9, should be here tomorrow. I hope it is as good as the other boards. Reviews at NewEgg went way down right after I ordered the board!!!!!:shock:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I like Asus and MSI series of motherboards. The MSI budget line of motherboards are very interesting, they are very cheap and very compatible. :rolleyes:

7. LyleB

LyleB Newbie

I have always been a fan of ABIT boards. BUT currently ABIT seems to have some problems with their 570 & 590 AM2 boards. As I previously wrote I was waiting for an ABIT KN9 board. That board was RMA’d because I discovered it would only work with slower 533 memory. I had purchased 2GB of Kingston HyperX PC6400 prior to buying the board. I now own an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe and the memory works fine.:thumb:

8. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

you know guys - this post is useless now.

i mean look at it, this thread started 27th Jul 2003, 08:32 AM

it's almost reaching it's 3rd year anniversary!!!

so whatever the polls are reflecting aren't exactly informative.

around 2003, IINM the board that everyone likes then were like ABIT NF7-S and stuff like that. Then of course later came the DFIs that took the market by storm (this silent player suddenly came the OC favs) then nowadays we here a lot of talk about Biostar Tforce boards.

damn, they're not even on the polls!!! :D

so i suggest a new poll / thread be started - a thread like this lasting 3 years is ridiculous, anywhere from 3 - 6 months would be ok IMO but not 3 years. :)

9. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

What do you mean by "now"?
    To know what make is best you need to do a side-by-side long term test of several boards from several manufacturers, and when the test is finally finished five years later or so you know which maker that was the best.

To me it's more relevant to find out what components (make and model) that are likely to cause problems.

/Olle

10. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

see, the best mobo maker then may not be the best mobo maker now. :)

therefore, since the polls were accumulated through the years - i find it isn't an accurate portrayal of what is in the market these days.

11. mista_haqeem

mista_haqeem Newbie

go go ASUS...
    i use ASUS mobo all in my 6 rigs...
    superb mobo...