Beware Of Ab Tronic!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

We have all been watching infomercials on Ab Tronic for a long time now.

And just yesterday, I cam by this page. Check it out - http://wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/dontwasteyourmoney/dff06d.html

Here's a quote :

And check the date of this article - 05/13/02 12:57:10

That means the FTC sued Ab Tronic over 3 years ago. And they are still selling them HERE??? :shock:

They probably think since we are a third world country, we have third world brains. :mad:

They are probably right since our STUPID government never bothered to check the veracity of their claims, or pass laws that can protect us against such products. :doh:

Spread the word!

2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

oops, i bought an ab tronic like 5 years ago.. and only use it a few times. lol. :whistle:

:faint: :faint: :faint:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Coz you got your 6-packs already? :mrgreen:

4. aKho

yup. it's well hidden under my pooch.. :whistle:

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

You mean the machine or the plastic thingy where you can press your abs with it?

I haven't tried that actually. But I doubt the results after pressing too much of your abs... :D

6. Adrian Wong

The concept sounds great... but the FTC found that it just didn't work.

And they are still allowed to peddle them here. :wall:

7. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

OMG....wat a news....being sued so long and they still selling....Malaysia Boleh :faint: :faint: :faint:

8. yhng

yhng Newbie

Yeah that's old news. They had to stop selling them here in Aus a long while ago

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Unfortunately other countries are nowhere near as strict as Aus when it comes to trade regulations.

10. The_YongGrand

I afraid using this Ab-pressing machine can crush your organs, especially the alimentary canal. Is this true? Ooooooh. :shock: :D

11. Adrian Wong

Nah, it won't. It's just a waste of money. :haha:

12. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

i never believe in those stuff....

13. Adrian Wong

Me neither. :mrgreen:

14. The_YongGrand

I have an exercise machine where you can bend your abdomen up and down in an angle like 20-45 degrees. I don't know what is it called, but I think it's Ab-trimmer or something else.

Dr. Adrian, will bending of your abs trim down into some dashboard abs advertised on bright TV screens?? :D

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Me too. So I just let it grow... :lol: :haha:

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL!!!! Mine overgrown... :haha: :faint: :faint: :faint:

17. aKho

:faint: :faint: :faint:

18. Adrian Wong

Nope. You can't control where you want your fat trimmed off. :haha:

Otherwise, women will just start binging on ice-cream and other fattening stuff, and trim off fat where they don't want them (abdomen, thighs), leaving more fat in areas where they prefer more fat (breasts, buttocks). :haha:

19. The_YongGrand

Ah. Exactly how do fats deposited in our body? Is there a specific mechanism for all that? :D

Why do people can get so fat easily by eating so little while some of them just remained skinny after eating so much? Could it be the metabolism factor, Dr. Adrian? :D

[I remembered something about Beta-Oxidation. Or Glycolysis. Or something else. Hmmm, I don't know how I read my Biology. :D]

20. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's genetics for you. :mrgreen:

Some are born to be super-thin, some are born to be obese. :mrgreen:

But the rest of us are probably overweight because we take a lot of calorie-rich food and lack exercise.