Bing Versus Google

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by OKahra, Jun 16, 2009.

1. OKahra

OKahra Guest

Hello,

I just registered this forum while surfing and I’m curious about what you think about Bing.
    According to some news it already started to overtake Yahoo. But it seems to me they can’t beat Google. I think more creative ideas and some vision is needed to overtake Google.

Besides of that there’s adsense and adword industry. Google is creative and established firm, Bing brings nothing new to us.

If Google creates linux based operating system, maybe they can overtake Microsoft?

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
  2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Why cant we just use both instead of one vs the other? Bing allows you to search for images. With regard to your "If Google creates linux based operating system" question, it's very unlikely. 5 years ago, they said Linux would overtake microsoft. but the windows ecosystem of today is stronger than it was 5 years ago. While several distro have done fantastic jobs, when it comes to ecosystem support, windows is still very far ahead.

1 person likes this.
  3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I thought they already had some sort of linux based OS. Andriod. :p

And Phok brings up a VERY good point. Why not use both? I mean, it's not like an OS that you're stuck with. Internet = freedom of choice. :mrgreen:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup. i'd use both too. Fast text based search on Google, media stuff on Bing.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm not sure about the stats, but I'm sure glad they are still interested in creating real competition for Google. Without Bing or even the improved Yahoo search, Google would become complacent and perhaps, even dictatorial. We wouldn't want that, do we? :D

6. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

more like Google vs the world. :)

still, Google is prefered in my book. lz to use multiple.