BIOS Optimization Guide Revision 10.8

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by Adrian Wong, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have just posted 6 new BIOS options for the full BIOS Optimization Guide!

[​IMG]

Here is the list of the 6 new BIOS options :-

- Security Setup
    - Swap Floppy Drive
    - Synchronous Mode Select
    - Third Boot Device
    - USB Controller
    - Virus Warning

BOG Subscribers, please login here!

Users of the free BIOS Optimization Guide, please wait a while. We will be posting a new Interim Release momentarily!

2. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone!

As promised, here is the new Interim Release 6 of the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide Rev. 8.0!

[​IMG]

This interim release features 12 new BIOS options. Here is the list :-

- Second Boot Device
    - Speed Error Hold
    - Split Lock Operations
    - Super Bypass Mode
    - Super Bypass Wait State
    - SuperStability Mode
    - Security Setup
    - Swap Floppy Drive
    - Synchronous Mode Select
    - Third Boot Device
    - USB Controller
    - Virus Warning

To access the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide, just go to http://www.rojakpot.com/freebog.aspx!

If you want more information on the BIOS Optimization Guide Rev. 8.0, please click here!

If you would like to subscribe to the full BIOS Optimization Guide, please click here!

Hope you all enjoy this interim release! Keep checking back for more updates! :)

3. Adrian Wong

Phew... Finally managed to finish updating the descriptions of Video BIOS Shadowing and Video BIOS Cacheable. Believe it or not, I spent two days working on those two BIOS options.

Why so long? Well, check them out and you will see that I have completely rewritten them. They should now clear any ambiguities that may have surfaced since the last update.

[​IMG]

Although we normally accumulate a large number of BIOS options before posting an update of the FREE version of the BIOS Optimization Guide, I consider these updates on the Video BIOS to be rather significant. So, I will post them in the FREE section simultaneously.

So, go on and check out the updates! [​IMG]

To access the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide, just go to http://www.rojakpot.com/freebog.aspx!

If you want more information on the BIOS Optimization Guide Rev. 8.0, please click here!

If you would like to subscribe to the full BIOS Optimization Guide, please click here!

4. Adrian Wong

Phew... Yet another totally revamped BIOS option. Took me some time to sort this one out actually. Why? Well, because I was wrong all along! [​IMG]

Well, not completely wrong. The recommendation for the Video RAM Cacheable BIOS feature remains disabled but my earlier reasons for that recommendation were completely and utterly wrong! Sorry about that, everyone! [​IMG]

It was not easy to re-examine a staunchly-held belief. And so, I spent a lot of time double-checking my information. Only after much research did I rewrite the entire topic.

So, please check this newly corrected BOG topic on Video RAM Cacheable. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although we normally accumulate a large number of BIOS options before posting an update of the FREE version of the BIOS Optimization Guide, this correction of the Video RAM Cacheable BIOS option is an important update. So, I will post it in the FREE section simultaneously.

5. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have just posted 6 new BIOS options for the full BIOS Optimization Guide!

<center>[​IMG]</center>

Here are the 6 new BIOS options :-

- DRAM Act to PreChrg CMD
    - DRAM PreChrg to Act CMD
    - SDRAM CAS Latency Time
    - SDRAM Cycle Length
    - SDRAM Cycle Time Tras/Trc
    - SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay

Users of the free BIOS Optimization Guide, please wait a while. We will be posting a new Interim Release momentarily!

6. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone!

[​IMG]

Here are the 6 new BIOS options :-

- SDRAM 1T Command
    - SDRAM 1T Command Control
    - SDRAM Command Rate
    - SDRAM RAS Precharge Time
    - SDRAM RAS Pulse Width
    - SDRAM Row Active Time

Users of the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide, please check back again. We are now preparing a new Interim Release!

7. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone!

As promised, here is the new Interim Release 7 of the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide Rev. 8.0!

[​IMG]

This interim release features 12 new BIOS options. Here is the list :-

- DRAM Act to PreChrg CMD
    - DRAM PreChrg to Act CMD
    - SDRAM CAS Latency Time
    - SDRAM Cycle Length
    - SDRAM Cycle Time Tras/Trc
    - SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay
    - SDRAM 1T Command
    - SDRAM 1T Command Control
    - SDRAM Command Rate
    - SDRAM RAS Precharge Time
    - SDRAM RAS Pulse Width
    - SDRAM Row Active Time

Hope you all enjoy this interim release! Keep checking back for more updates! :)

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have just posted 5 new BIOS options for the full BIOS Optimization Guide!

[​IMG]

Here are the 5 new BIOS options :-

- SDRAM Trc Timing Value
    - SDRAM Trrd Timing Value
    - SDRAM Bank-to-Bank Delay
    - SDRAM Row Cycle Time
    - SDRAM Tras Timing Value

Users of the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide, please wait a while. We will need to accumulate more BIOS options before releasing a new Interim Release!

9. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone! [​IMG]

There have been two different sections in the BIOS Optimization Guide for a long time now. The free, simplified section and the subscriber's section which boasts of the following benefits :-
    • - Exclusive access to full, detailed descriptions of the BIOS options!
      - Faster and more regular updates and additions to the BOG!
      - Banner-free browsing!*
      - Free e-mail updates on the BIOS Optimization Guide!
      - Special status in the ARP Forums!
      - Research priority on BIOS option requests!
    Unfortunately, there has been no way to see the difference between the free version of the BIOS Optimization Guide and the subscriber's version. Until now, that is.

So, I have taken the opportunity to add several screenshots of both the free and subscriber's sections to the BIOS Optimization Guide to allow easy comparison between the two sections.

Come check them out! [​IMG]

10. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have just posted 10 new BIOS options for the full BIOS Optimization Guide!

[​IMG]

Here are the 10 new BIOS options :-
    • - SDRAM ECC Setting
      - SDRAM Trcd Timing Value
      - SDRAM Trp Timing Value
      - Shadowing Address Ranges
      - Slave Drive PIO Mode
      - Slave Drive UltraDMA
      - System BIOS Cacheable
      - Typematic Rate
      - Typematic Rate Delay
      - Typematic Rate Setting

Users of the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide, please wait a while. We will be posting a new Interim Release momentarily!

11. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone!

As promised, here is the new Interim Release 8 of the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide Rev. 8.0!

[​IMG]

This interim release features 15 new BIOS options. Here is the list :-
    • - SDRAM Bank-to-Bank Delay
      - SDRAM ECC Setting
      - SDRAM Row Cycle Time
      - SDRAM Tras Timing Value
      - SDRAM Trc Timing Value
      - SDRAM Trcd Timing Value
      - SDRAM Trp Timing Value
      - SDRAM Trrd Timing Value
      - Shadowing Address Ranges
      - Slave Drive PIO Mode
      - Slave Drive UltraDMA
      - System BIOS Cacheable
      - Typematic Rate
      - Typematic Rate Delay
      - Typematic Rate Setting

12. Chai

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have just posted 8 new BIOS options for the full BIOS Optimization Guide!

[​IMG]

Here are the 8 new BIOS options :-
    • - DRAM Burst Length 8QW
      - Floppy Disk Access Control
      - Keyboard Auto-Repeat Delay
      - Keyboard Auto-Repeat Rate
      - Onboard FDC Swap A & B
      - PS/2 Mouse Function Control
      - SDRAM Write Recovery Time
      - Write Recovery Time

Users of the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide, please wait a while. A new Interim Release will be posted shortly!

13. Chai

I am happy to announce that we have just posted 8 new BIOS options for the full BIOS Optimization Guide!

[​IMG]

• - SDRAM Write-to-Read Command Delay
      - UltraDMA-100 IDE Controller
      - UltraDMA-133 IDE Controller
      - UltraDMA-66 IDE Controller
      - Ultra DMA Mode
      - USB Keyboard Support
      - USB Mouse Support
      - Write Data In to Read Delay

Users of the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide, please wait a while. A new Interim Release will be posted shortly!

14. Chai

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have just posted 4 new BIOS options for the full BIOS Optimization Guide!

[​IMG]

Here are the 4 new BIOS options :-
    • - AGP Capability
      - Full Screen Logo
      - PIO Mode
      - Rank Interleave

15. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone!

As promised, here is the new Interim Release 9 of the FREE BIOS Optimization Guide Rev. 8.0!

If everything goes according to schedule, this will be the FINAL interim release! The next update will finally complete the most comprehensive update of the BIOS Optimization Guide.

With the completion of the BIOS Optimization Guide Rev. 8.0, we will being posting the translated versions of the guide. So, yeah, plenty of exciting developments on the horizon! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This interim release features 20 new BIOS options. Here is the list :-

- AGP Capability
    - DRAM Burst Length 8QW
    - Floppy Disk Access Control
    - Full Screen Logo
    - Keyboard Auto-Repeat Delay
    - Keyboard Auto-Repeat Rate
    - Onboard FDC Swap A & B
    - PIO Mode
    - PS/2 Mouse Function Control
    - Rank Interleave
    - SDRAM Write Recovery Time
    - SDRAM Write-to-Read Command Delay
    - Ultra DMA Mode
    - UltraDMA-100 IDE Controller
    - UltraDMA-133 IDE Controller
    - UltraDMA-66 IDE Controller
    - USB Keyboard Support
    - USB Mouse Support
    - Write Data In to Read Delay
    - Write Recovery Time

Hope you all enjoy this interim release! Keep checking back for more updates! [​IMG]

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hello everyone! [​IMG]

I received many e-mails about this mysterious BIOS feature so I did some research on it.

Because there were so many queries about this BIOS feature, I thought I should post it for all of you to check out rightaway. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone!

[​IMG]

- CPU Latency Timer
    - Fast Write-to-Read Turnaround
    - Graphics Aperture Size
    - Multi-Sector Transfers
    - SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay
    - SDRAM Command Leadoff Time
    - SDRAM Leadoff Command
    - SDRAM RAS Precharge Delay

18. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone! [​IMG]

Thanks to Jan Kivar, I found a major mistake in the CPU Thermal-Throttling and Clock Throttle BIOS features. So much for relying on motherboard documentation! [​IMG]

I have completely rewritten the two BIOS features so please check them out! Thanks! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have just posted 5 new BIOS options for the full BIOS Optimization Guide!

[​IMG]

Here are the 5 new BIOS options :-
    - CPU-DRAM CLK Synch CTL
    - DOS Flat Mode
    - DRAM Page-Mode
    - Frame Buffer Size
    - Graphic Window WR Combin

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have just posted 3 new BIOS options for the full BIOS Optimization Guide!

[​IMG]

Here are the 3 new BIOS options :-
    - SDRAM PH Limit
    - SDRAM Page Hit Limit
    - LD-Off Dram RD/WR Cycles