budget andriod phone for peasant

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by PowerSlide, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

A thin phone is nice up to a point. After that, it just feels flimsy.

TBH, I feel that the iPhone 4S feels rather flimsy, compared to the iPhone 3GS. In fact, it feels much better after I tack on the relatively bulky Mophie Air Pack case.

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

another supposedly budget andriod ICS phone coming out, LG7
    It already been launch in the europe, should be some months before coming to our local shores.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Although you can get cheap Android phones, but I really don't recommend them. Save up more and get a more decent phone. Doesn't have to be Galaxy S3, something like a HTC One S or similarly priced phone is much better.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

and LG7 is release at a retail price of rm999, not bad for a 4.3inc phone

5. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

im bored using a smartphone lol apart use it as a music player, some whatsapp it got no other purpose

should have bought a cheaper phone and build a nice portable music rig :?

6. Chai

Web surfing? News apps like BBC News or Pulse? Emails?

I use them on daily basis.

7. Adrian Wong

I find it hard to live without one now. I use it every day to read news, check e-mail, keep track of my spending and my schedule, etc.

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm ok with or without the smartphone. It helps in my work, especially the note-taking and the camera.

I just changed the firmware for my Samsung Galaxy Ace yesterday. Due to my ignorance, I flashed the thing without using the another recovery program, and it hanged right there.

So, later I checked around and reflashed back to stock ROM. Whew. Later, I reattempted the procedure, but with the program and I managed to get the custom ROM into the phone. :faint:

I admit Android phones are hard to use. I still use my Nokia 1112 on times. :)

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I mainly use it to seach for information on the go, and also as my primary GPS. And traffic report :cool:

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

maybe i dont have a data plan and lack of wifi plus i really prefer surf anything with a mouse and bigger screen render a smartphone not so smart to me

the_yongGrand,

after just 2 days i bought the phone already break it :mrgreen: my fault for not reading much before flashing rom but now its easy

android is not hard to use just its different if compare to apple, but i like the freedom use the way i want and im not fanboy of any camp :mrgreen:

11. Chai

Well, you don't actually surf full websites, which is why BBC News, Pulse, Engadget, News Republic apps are so useful and convenient.

12. Adrian Wong

Yup! I rarely use the web browser to surf such websites. I prefer to use their apps.

13. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I only changed the ROM inside when the warranty's over. I'm a bit of a wimp, actually. :whistle:

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

Can't care much about warranty, having much fun flashing roms :mrgreen:

got a good use now, reading thestar e-paper:thumb:

15. Chai

Exactly. I rooted my One X the moment I got it! Now it is an excellent phone after modding.

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

elite having fun :thumb:

phone broken today, keep bootloop samsung logo so dump it a samsung SC and will get back in few days :doh:

17. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

any review on htc one S ?

18. Chai

One S is a good phone, but the 960x640 and AMOLED LCD is a "turn-off".

19. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

phone still not back, very troublesome as i got no backup phone and have to borrow my mom's lol

when they say "we will fix your phone in 2 to 3 days" in my mind yeah right..since when malaysian can be so efficient :haha:

20. Chai

If it is just boot loop, I think it is a software issue and it can be resolved by ourselves...