Buying A Car

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, May 17, 2005.

1. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Waja? I think that's a real POS. :hand:

3. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

I'm not sure but I've heard that they've made some improvements on the Enhanced Version. The one with Dual Airbags.

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

plz.. no WAJA plz .. one WAJA driver here.. very dissapointing car..

TF.. you really need to own a WAJA to tell the DIFFERENCE between a honda & a proton ..

NO MATCH MAN ...
    the CRV been running strong with no problems ..
    THE WAJA been giving problem since DAY 1 .. the car is basically falling apart :wall:
    shytty quality :wall:

5. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Which batch is yours?

6. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

my waja batch is quite ok. except for central locking. so far only dat. got airbag also.

adrian. dont buy accent. :hand:

7. bizkid21

bizkid21 Newbie

kia spectra - a not bad car with lots of equip, but being told tat the FC is slightly higher compare to jap cars and the spare parts is exp also :think:

hyundai accent - a good value car, didnt get much complain from this car, overall is ok :think:

gen2 - they said they improve QC adi, which i heard tat they really improved, but i still not recommend to get this car since proton cars still not reliable and bcoz of them we hav to pay more to get a foreign country car :wall: :naughty:

waja - same as gen2 :naughty: :snooty:

honda city i-Dsi - if u willing to pay a bit more, it would b a good choice, i heard u can get from some dealers at around RM78,000 (which original price at RM81888). :thumb:

toyota vios e - a not bad car but i still prefer city which hav a stylish look (some might not accept) , good handling, bigger space, good FC, engine n transmission.

actually the budget range u gave hav less choice of getting a sedan. if u consider hot hatch in ur mind with the budget u can get hyundai getz, chevy avio, myvi, suzuki swift, and "AVANZA" LOL just kidding.:D

8. bizkid21

bizkid21 Newbie

bcoz of the stupid Proton we hav to pay so much to get a Honda Civic... :evil:

actually the export version of Proton hav a better quality and even the price convert to RM is also cheaper, WTF...!!!
    we pay so much to get 2nd quality, stupid proton, i'll always said tak nak to Proton again... :naughty:

9. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

kia spectra - high FC, plasticky, the design sucks, it is a korean i dont like, look stupid :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hyundai accent - korean made..i dont like...still prefer waja if i were to get this POS

gen2 - can tapau putra at 215kmh(ask doreamon, he know..LOL :haha: :haha: :haha: ) it is just another junk..forget it

waja - if ur father own a power window repair shop..no problem..just buy it... :thumb:

honda city i-Dsi - good choice if u have the budget, but i will prefer vios over this car

how about toyota avanza? :mrgreen:

10. Wow you'r budget is fairly high for a car in US dollars $10,000 to 18,000.

Hyundai Accents go for about 12,000 here usually with a few thousand off for rebates. You can get a fully loaded one for the RM40K in your budget. It might be cheaper to fly here buy one and have it exported ;)

11. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

LOL! :haha:

Very true........ :mrgreen:

12. Adrian Wong

What's wrong with the Accent? :think:

13. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

haha. for the car looks sux. but my opinion. its ur buy :)

14. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

:think: Around here looking for used cars is the primary alternative.
    You get a lot more for the same money if you buy a car that's 3-5 years old and have gone some 50,000 to 100,000 kms.

Cheers
    Olle

15. Adrian Wong

That's the problem with our government's policy of coddling local manufacturers. It's driving car prices up, up, UP! :wall:

True, levelling the playing field might kill off Proton but the truth is the government's unfair practices have more or less killed their ability to perform. With so much support from the government, they have gone EXTREMELY complacent.

For years, they have been throwing out bad cars knowing fully well that many Malaysians will have LITTLE CHOICE but to buy their cars since foreign imports are a LOT more expensive due to government tax.

Even with the reductions in tax due to AFTA (ASEAN Free Trade Agreement), the government has continued to tilt the market in Proton's favour by introducing excise duties to replace the reduced tax.. and giving Proton special rebates. :wall:

16. Adrian Wong

LOL! I'm more interested in the interiors, specifications and design, rather than its looks. But Jenny might disagree. She prefers the Kia's looks, I think. :think:

17. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

kia is a better choice. :)

18. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's something we would be looking into actively. In fact, I think she might end up looking for something that's just 1-2 years old. That might save her around RM 10-15K.

But talking about 2nd hand cars... any suggested models? Of course, for such cars, her budget should be a lot less... Maybe less than RM 50K? :think:

19. Adrian Wong

The Kia Spectra has better interiors and specifications... but it's also a lot more expensive and has poorer fuel efficiency, I heard. :think:

20. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

my sis has a honda civic coupe in US :haha:
    dmn .. i wish my mum can replace her stupid WAJA with a honda :shifty:

2 words PROTON SUX!